Beware- Rampant Crime and Police Shakedowns confront tourists visiting Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Can we please stop blaming the victim

Maybe your dominican, NO fue yo, o no es mi culpa. Its not my fault I do stupid things, like get drunk, wave my roll around, all decked out in my bling. O and Van whats his name was not a tourist either, as he owned an apartment. Hope your staying where ever you live as its much safer there for you,

any time I have had problems with my credit cards the problem has been in the US go figure. Never had a problem in the DR in over 15 years (now knock on wood). Also in those 15 years have had my pocket picked once, (Boca Chica) my fault as the little head happened to be doing the thinking at the moment. Any other problems I might have had were my fault for being stupid,

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sad to report that although continued efforts to improve DR's image as a safe -worry free tourist destination are being undermined by continued reports of rampant crime and police shakedowns. Recently a woman had her carry on bag stolen at of all places the "Finest" hotel in Santo Domingo-Nicolas de Ovando to the tune of a $7,000.00 US loss. Many other people have had their credit card information used for unauthorized purchases after having spent time in DR. Another man who tipped a shoe shine boy was then followed by this boy and stopped by the police. Because he had a viagara pill on him at the time he was accused of soliciting the underage boy for sex and forced to pay the police to release him. Last year an american tourist, Van Teasly was robbed and murdered in his apartment. Robbery was the motive. When is the DR's image going to really improve? When will we see tangible results?

I'm getting tired of you starting multiple scare-mongering threads. It stops now. Don't say you weren't warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.