Beyond The Beach eBay Charity Auction

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sorry, all items are either in the Puerto Plata or Punta Cana areas. These are the areas where our board of Directors tend to vacation and where our supporters and DR based charities are resident.

Gregg

I thought so and good luck.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Two more item added; please see Post #1 in this thread for a complete list.

Ocean World General Admission 330365814166

JVC XV-N312S DVD Player - 330365815574

Gregg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Last two items added; please see Post #1 in this thread for a complete list.

Ocean World Bravissimo Show 330366091328

Handmade fused glass pendant - 330366092104

Gregg

byerbill

Dec 13, 2006
Ebay & Paypal

Signed up for both because of the new auction at Beyond The Beach Charity Auction. It was easy to do and I have used Paypal since to purchase other items on the internet. Ebay is easy to use and has a great systems to follow up to date bids. As a Director of Beyond the Beach I obviously want to use the auction system that gains the most for the kids. Only time will tell if we made the right choice going from wudbay to ebay...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Signed up for both because of the new auction at Beyond The Beach Charity Auction. It was easy to do and I have used Paypal since to purchase other items on the internet. Ebay is easy to use and has a great systems to follow up to date bids. As a Director of Beyond the Beach I obviously want to use the auction system that gains the most for the kids. Only time will tell if we made the right choice going from wudbay to ebay...

I hope things work for the best with ebay. I sure would like to see some items in the SD area next auction.

I have been watching the sport fishing auction. If Punta Cana wasn't so far from SD I would have placed a bid a long time ago.

Just curious, are people currently vacationing in the Punta Cana and Puerto Plata areas away of the auction via advertising?

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone:

- EdinNB for all the work in getting the items on eBay and allowing us to use his account. Where we are a non-profit, the type of bank account we have does not allow PayPal so... Thanks Ed for that as well!
- to everyone who obtained items for the auction - thank you for scrounging - really appreciate it!
- to everyone who donated - a BIG THANK YOU - without your donation, it would NOT have been possible!
- to everyone who bid on the items - even if you were not the high bidder, you did get the values up and for that we thank you!
- to the winning bidders - thank you for supporting us and we appreciate taking your $$'s .... We will work with you to ensure that you are very satisfied with your purchases!! That will be easy though cause of the excellent donors/donations.
- thank you to DR1 allows us to use this forum to keep everyone informed on the needs of the children of the Dominican Republic.

THANK YOU everyone for supporting us and allowing us to help the children of the Dominican Republic - they are the real WINNERS.

For those of you who were unable to bid - I really do not know what to say. This auction was the first time I have used eBay and PayPal and thought they worked very well. It was easy to see what the bids were and a reminder was automatically sent to remind me when the items I was "watching" had less than 24 hours to deadline.

We do know that the few items that we had last year and this year did get more $$ on eBay this year than they did before so, I think from that respect we did see an improvement in our future ability to help the children of the DR.

Olive Thompson, President
Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Follow up.....

Well, thanks to everyone who bid on the items on Ebay, we raised just over $3,500 US for the children of the Dominican Republic. Ebay also conferred "non-profit" status to our organization so, we did not have to pay a fee to use their services. For this - a BIG thank you to Ed who let us use his PayPal account and got the ball rolling for us!!

We did have both positive and negative comments on our decision to go with Ebay vs running our on-line auction as we had in the past.....

If we ONLY look at the 3 items we had available this year that we had last year, those 3 raised $428 US more this year than 2008. Altogether, the children will receive almost twice what was raised by this event last year.

We are already working and planning who we will approach for donations for the next on-line auction in 2010!!!

We welcome any input you might have.

Olive Thompson, President
Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation