Big D's Place (BBQ) - Sosua Beach 109B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
and this bit about not crossing him..

pppssshhhhh

gimme a santo libre .... or six.... and i'm sure i could take him out.......

or at least think i did :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well...........

I stopped at Big D's this past Friday and tried the small order of ribs. Well the salad was good, fries were nice and crispy, Presidente real cold. I had four of the smallest pieces of ribs I ever laid my eyes on. When I think of ribs they looked nothing like ribs, although the sauce was good. Maybe I arrived late or ordered the small portion but the ribs are nothing to write home about.

So far the best ribs I have tasted are from a "Lechonera" (sp) place. These ribs are without sauce and probably have enough pig fat to clog all of your arteries, but they are the best. Leaving Santo Domingo there is Sabor Lechonera just a few minutes past the toll plaza. There are also several roadside stands ten minutes past Bonao. Just the other day I found a place in Santo Domingo Zona on Canela and Pina.

Try these ribs and you will really know what good eating is about. Just my two pesos.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
a chicken wrap from big d's

Dscf0127.jpg

and a plate of 6 ribs. i certainly wrote home about them !!

DSCF4373640x480.jpg

those other places sound great as well. except that they are arent exactly on the beach in sosua.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.........and a plate of 6 ribs. i certainly wrote home about them !!

DSCF4373640x480.jpg

those other places sound great as well. except that they are arent exactly on the beach in sosua.
The plate of ribs I got was about a third of that amount of meat. I ordered the small order of ribs and it was SMALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.