Blackouts in Boca Chica

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Do any of you have generators?
I have a really nice one I purchased new along with an inverter. I start the generator once a month for 10 minutes to heat it up. It's still on it's first tank of fuel. LOL

You know me, good old Mr. Overkill.

Reactions: Buzz65

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Well, this is a first. Paid the electric bill on the 4th and had it turned off about an hour ago for non payment. My kid actually showed them the receipt and they still turned it off. These people are so fucking stupid. What is the Spanish word for retard?

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Yeah, your welcome. Got a bill today for one of our Appartments, it's only a bit more than 1000 Pesos, but this one is empty since 6 weeks with all Breakers down!
So I read the electricity meter and yes, the clowns of EDEeste need new glasses, about 170 kw more on the bill than the meter shows.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yeah, your welcome. Got a bill today for one of our Appartments, it's only a bit more than 1000 Pesos, but this one is empty since 6 weeks with all Breakers down!
So I read the electricity meter and yes, the clowns of EDEeste need new glasses, about 170 kw more on the bill than the meter shows.
Maybe part of the electricity from your building (or from your apartment) is being stolen by someone(s). They get the juice, you pay the bill. Sounds like a good deal from their part.

Look into that to be sure.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Boca chica is a stink pit .. beautiful beach but the venders ruined it, I stay away from that slop hole

Depends on which part of the beach you go to. Sounds like you only visit the touristy section of BC beach.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I do not have a generator but am seriously thinking about a dual propane solar generator.
Nan....Have you done any research on that item and can you share it here? I'm interested in any and all ways to do my new house or parts of it.I don't close on the house till March 15 but I want to start planning the renovations.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Nan....Have you done any research on that item and can you share it here? I'm interested in any and all ways to do my new house or parts of it.I don't close on the house till March 15 but I want to start planning the renovations.

No, Johne. It's on hold until the Haitian visa thing is sorted out. I don´t want to spend $2k ish for something I won´t use.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Oh joy, oh joy, oh unbridled joy!!!

Last night at 7 we had another exploding transformer. As of 5 minutes ago they are not working on its replacment. The wonders of EDEstupido's incompetence is utterly amazing.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh joy, oh joy, oh unbridled joy!!!

Last night at 7 we had another exploding transformer. As of 5 minutes ago they are not working on its replacment. The wonders of EDEstupido's incompetence is utterly amazing.

We’re not in Boca Chica but our electric went off for most of the night. How do I know? We sleep with the AC on, often only the fan, for the white noise. Otherwise we can’t sleep because of the barking dogs (god forbid there’s one in heat), cockadoodle roosters, mooing cows and motos. Dragging today. We’re pretty much 24/7 normally, we didn’t bother replacing our (shot) inverter batteries. Edesur here.