Boca Chica: 15 Days to Vacate Businesses

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I doubt if those like the boat house isla bonita, etc are include as far as I know they are grandfathered in. The beach came to them, when they were built they were more than 60m from the water. I doubt if parts of the hamaca is 60m from the water

Hamaca methodically caused the erosion at the right hand side of the beach with the construction of that jetty/wall to keep the rest off their public beach. My first and only visit to a resort was in Hamaca, took me a week to get rid of the stomach issue.

Jan 7, 2016
The beach shacks in El Cortecito in Punta Cana could use a little of this same type of "urban renewal". They are so close to the water line there that even if the tide is a little high, they get flooded-out. There is usually very little room to walk the beach front between the water and the structures. Both the prior hurricanes did major damage to them, but I'm sure they'll rebuild them just as shabbily in a heartbeat!

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
They need to do something about the low quality aesthetics ( chicas) and they are super aggressive.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Boca Chica has been the armpit (nicest, cleanest comparison) of the RD since at least 1995. It needs to be fumigated with cloro.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
If Puerco Rosado goes I'm done with Boca Chica.

My BC routine is to have lunch at PR, use their locker privilege, and spend a few hours in the water.

You actually go INTO the water at BC? You must have hella compartmentalization skills. Them floaties are hard to miss.