Boca Chica Abusing Tourists?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You just can't handle it.......

Boca Chica is for professionals...

No biggie........

Move on..........

LOL, I don't know about Boca being for professionals only but it certainly isn't for everyone. I have no problem with Boca Chica, never did. Certainly not on the top of my list of things to do but a fun time can still be had.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like the OP was definitely ripped off. Haven't been there in a while, but I had fried fried fish plates like shown in dv8's post. They should have cost no more than 350 pesos and a beer on the beach 125 pesos max. BC makes Sosua look high class.

It seems to be a file photo, as the name of the business was never mentioned in the article. I am in agreement that if the meal was purchased in a lowly shack or hut as such, than that would be something to complain about. A higher end type of restaurant, which does exist in BC, would be another tale.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The majority of comments I hear of Boca Chica makes me think it is a former cool beach community that was over run with putas and became a scam artist and ripoff Meca.
I've driven by it a couple times but really never felt the need to go.

Maybe I will go in 2018 of I am in need of more self abuse and want to toss away money.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The majority of comments I hear of Boca Chica makes me think it is a former cool beach community that was over run with putas and became a scam artist and ripoff Meca.
I've driven by it a couple times but really never felt the need to go.

Maybe I will go in 2018 of I am in need of more self abuse and want to toss away money.

You left out deportees, drug addicts, and Haitians. Dominicans of means go elsewhere.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is the yacht club in BC still active?  Different around there, or more of the same?  A cousin keeps his boat there, been forever since we went out though.  

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Boca Chica was OK when La Duarte was a road with no asphalt, not a street, Village On The Beach was La Cueva, the Piano Bar was Route 66 and this El Rubio guy had the outdoor bar where all the girls ran away with some guy every time the light went out, and that was most of the time. Everything was better before, everywhere.

Apr 10, 2014
Having a place in the Capital, Boca Chica is one of the few options to be on a beach. I find Juan Dolio to be very boring and empty. One rule I do have is that when I am in Boca Chica, I am out of Dodge by sundown.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I could never understand why more people do not head out towards the westward expanse. Then again, shhhhh.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Having a place in the Capital, Boca Chica is one of the few options to be on a beach. I find Juan Dolio to be very boring and empty. One rule I do have is that when I am in Boca Chica, I am out of Dodge by sundown.

You are correct on all points Doug. Hopefully lighter times await you in 2018. Happy New Year.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

It's for....

People that can handle adversity, chaos, and HARDCORE desperate souls......

Boca Chica is for professionals.....

No biggie........

Move on..........

You are too funny. I just spent the last two years
(recently moved to better area) living in La Joya, Santiago.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Try going west to Playa Palenque
We always stop at Playa Palenque on the way to, or coming back from, Río Nizao. I like the drive through San Cristóbal. I visit Boca Chica only on week-days and leave by sunset  also.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We always stop at Playa Palenque on the way to, or coming back from, Río Nizao. I like the drive through San Cristóbal. I visit Boca Chica only on week-days and leave by sunset  also.

You’ll have to stop for a cup of coffee one of those times, we’re in Playa Najayo, you pass right by us.  Coming back down soon for several months.  

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sounds like Juan Dolio and Boca Chica are both getting thumbs down. Common themes in these two places ?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Not really. They get thumbs down for different reasons. Boca Chica is more of a monger mecca. Juan Dolio has a lot of expensive high-rise condos.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010

It's for....

People that can handle adversity, chaos, and HARDCORE desperate souls......

Boca Chica is for professionals.....

No biggie........

Move on..........

If you can live in the Dominican Republic you are ready for adversity chaos and deal with Hardcore desperate souls all the time. If I want to get away for a day at the beach Ill pass on that ...

Unfortunately most people cant take a copter to Casa del Campo or take the Cayenne to Punta Cana for the weekend.