Boca Chica Hotel...Budget-Minded

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
boca

there are guaguas from sd to airport...my neighbor takes one every day to work..it leaves from area of mexico and the bridge...

ricktoronto said:
You cannot take a motoconcho (which is a motocycle) from the SDQ airport to Boca Chica and even if you could you'd be nuts. Dodgling the maniacs on that highway and you and him with suitacases on a motoconcho sounds brilliiant. True I have seen locals driving on motos on the autopista with propane tanks and once a washing machine but at some point you have to question the safety and logic of such a silly option.

There is no free bus from the airport. I have never seen any bus from or to it either. You could walk the 2 or 3 miles to the highway and flag down a guagua if you are truly desperate.

Note, I doubt you will have much of a cross breeze at the Candil given it is 500 yards up a hill from the beach where the winds tend to be a little more obvious. I am not even sure you'd have two windows across from each other.

You said you need a week, they are offering $30 a day and a ride if you are there 4 days which IIRC is covered by a week, having 7 days per, at last count.

This discourse is getting absurd as to how cheap this can be done.

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
Why don't you stay in cabana? I think its $15 or $20 a night, you'll get a bed, towel, bathroom and fan.
Anybody know the name of that cabana on duarte in BC, I remember you had to walk up a flight of steps, I think its next to Route66 pub.

Are you talking about Burbujas?

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
Tamborista said:
Have you ever seen the rooms?
I would not suggest this as an option for more than a 10 minute "session".

Casa Coco has tiny $25 rooms without A/C and The best breakfast in BC!

Tamborista

Could you please tell me more about this place? Small is fine as long are its pleasant, clean bathroom, etc. have you stayed here? Thanks. I think I've seen it on www.bocachicabeach.net, but there isnt really much info given. Just pictures of the exterior.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I never stayed there.
I saw the rooms, they are very basic yet clean.
A really nice french couple own the place and live there.

Casa Coco
Calle # 8 Dominguez
Boca Chica, RD
Telephone: (809) 523-4409

No luck on room pics or a web site.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
yaidani said:
no, burbujas is that hooker disco attached to that hotel past the park, but it sounds like Tambor got a good suggestion with Casa Coco.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
yaidani said:
Burjubas is a hotel. He is talking about these 200 peso 1 hour rooms above the bars to go with hookers, and the condom is included in the price. A desperate choice.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Tamborista said:
I never stayed there.
I saw the rooms, they are very basic yet clean.
A really nice french couple own the place and live there.

Casa Coco
Calle # 8 Dominguez
Boca Chica, RD
Telephone: (809) 523-4409

No luck on room pics or a web site.

I have, no TV, no phone, no air conditioning and not sure it is as cheap as $30 including taxes either now - it might be. In 1999 it was $20 cash with the register being your first name scrawled on a card in pencil, for those craving anonymity. Hot and noisy.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
yaidani said:
I haven't seen Boca Chica in full swing, I hope it will be a little more lively this time around. In truth we are going there because it is on the way to La Romana and so close the airport. This will give us a chance to spend some time alone before getting to La Romana (with all of his family and friends.) We will return to BC and stay another night when I leave again. One of these days I would like to take a longer trip to Boca Chica, but the time is too short for that this trip.

Please, what is IIRC? I am due for a considerable raise very soon. I will need to know how to vacation more comfortably for the next time I plan a trip over there, which will be very, very soon.

Thanks again.

IIRC = if I recall correctly.

Your best bet seems to be El Candil for $30 , 4 days or more with a real ride to and from the airport. I really doubt all the other ideas will settle for less and at least you won't die en route on a concho. Hit by another moto with a sofa or refrigerator blocking the driver and three passenger's view.

I think the Casa Coco wont save you as much as you think and if the taxi is free at Candil, you are square on that cost and really Candil is a very nice place.

However, if Casa Coco really is $25 all in (22.5% ITBIS included e.g.) you will do OK but it is VERY hot and VERY noisy all the time. It was the first hotel I stayed in in 1999 when I escaped from the Hamaca AI after 36 hours in there and being stir crazy and bored.

After the Politur purge do not expect it to be swingin' more than any last time you were there - it is pretty dead but should be adequate - the beach and beach bars etc., are always nice regardless of how dead Duarte is.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Got your pm

I prefer to stay at Los Pinos. I have stayed there several times. Airport pickup is complimentary and will be picked up by an italian man named Roberto, speaks excellent english, who also does pick ups for other hotels and helps with other hotels/business websites. The rooms have a/c, cable tv, safe box, change sheets daily, towels, etc and clean rooms because they always come around 1pm to do this. The owner is Luciano who doesn't speak english, the manager/accountant is another man named Roberto and speaks english. Taxi driver Roberto will show you around the town and is a very pleasant man, but please give him a tip of about 10US, a normal taxi will cost you around 20US. Gua Gua buses I didn't know they ran near the airport to BC but I wouldn't waste your time with all your luggage, hot in there as well plus cramped. If you need to take gua gua's they are a cheap option to go from BC to Santo Domingo. Unsure what they charge now about 1-2 US a person I would imagine.Los pinos is 35 a night which includes taxes. Have a night watchman named "Aquilles" or something like that and son works there on his days off. Very nice dominican guy. Costa Lunga is nice and if you can afford an extra 10, you should be able to get a room around 45, nicer than Los Pinos with a pool. Europa sucks now so don't stay there and is a heck of a lot more than 25 with taxes unless they recently dropped rates. After the French couple left the place has went downhill a lot.

I have never stayed at the Tropical hotel, I am positive it is about a 10 minute walk from the beach and it is pinkish color. Los pinos and Costa Lunga are about a 5 minute walk. I wouldn't recommend a place whole heartedly unless I have stayed there. Looks can be deceiving.

Tell you what,
email Los Pinos and say Howard from Michigan referred you and explain your tight budget and they may give you a better deal. I have referred many people there over the last few years. Otherwise it will be 35US a night. If you can splurge an extra 10 dollars, Costa Lunga and El Candil are my top choices, but for budget with a/c and 10 dollars or so cheaper a night is a very big deal try Los Pinos and won't have to pay taxi fare of 20US or so. Anything without a/c is crazy in the humidity, you're there on vacation for goodness sakes.
dale7(Howard)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
is duarte still dead?

ricktoronto said:
IIRC = if I recall correctly.

Your best bet seems to be El Candil for $30 , 4 days or more with a real ride to and from the airport. I really doubt all the other ideas will settle for less and at least you won't die en route on a concho. Hit by another moto with a sofa or refrigerator blocking the driver and three passenger's view.

I think the Casa Coco wont save you as much as you think and if the taxi is free at Candil, you are square on that cost and really Candil is a very nice place.

However, if Casa Coco really is $25 all in (22.5% ITBIS included e.g.) you will do OK but it is VERY hot and VERY noisy all the time. It was the first hotel I stayed in in 1999 when I escaped from the Hamaca AI after 36 hours in there and being stir crazy and bored.

After the Politur purge do not expect it to be swingin' more than any last time you were there - it is pretty dead but should be adequate - the beach and beach bars etc., are always nice regardless of how dead Duarte is.

I aint a chica chaser....but i must say....i miss the "people watching" at night. is there ANY night life left in BC???