Bodyguard For Medina's Daughter Killed In Apparent Robbery

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
the second guy said he was the shooter. Piece of sh*t. Sold the lieutenant's weapon for RD$7000.
So he gets 30 years. So what>? he's better off there--three hots and a bed perhaps..gets a new a$$hole...learns a trade
--how to steal and rob...even better...out in 15???

What a waste.. all those sharks off of Manresa so hungry!!

HB

Another reason for Capital punishment! Especially in 3rd world countries where in many cases "doing the time for the crime" many be better living standards than they had previously living on the streets. For some its a family or friends reunion once processed. Whats there to lose! Maybe capital punishment in the form of 'Caribbean Pirate" style. Walk the plank into a sea of hungry sharks! Now that may be a deterrent

May 12, 2005
I hope her death serves as a clarion call for a more responsive and effective criminal justice system. Enough is enough. Time to make an example out of a few.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dominican police can be quite efficient when they feel like. If this had been Joe Blow's daughter then nobody would go to jail. I think this guy is very stupid for giving himself up as he's as good as dead. Like someone said they put up the charade of the trial, etc send him to some jail where he will die in "misterious" circumstances.

Expat: Capital punishment doesn't work even in developed countries with clear justice standards. Can you imagine capital punishment established in The DR? Who do you think will be the ones that will get executed? Do you really want a Dominican judge deciding who lives or die?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominican police can be quite efficient when they feel like. If this had been Joe Blow's daughter then nobody would go to jail. I think this guy is very stupid for giving himself up as he's as good as dead. Like someone said they put up the charade of the trial, etc send him to some jail where he will die in "misterious" circumstances.

Expat: Capital punishment doesn't work even in developed countries with clear justice standards. Can you imagine capital punishment established in The DR? Who do you think will be the ones that will get executed? Do you really want a Dominican judge deciding who lives or die?

you are so right, suarezn. he should have bolted for the border. he is done like dinner.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think willy wanted to avoid being shot like a dog on the spot so he gave himself in. his thoughts, however, did not go any further in the future or he'd know that he'll go to prison and then get "accidentally" stabbed.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i think willy wanted to avoid being shot like a dog on the spot so he gave himself in. his thoughts, however, did not go any further in the future or he'd know that he'll go to prison and then get "accidentally" stabbed.

naah...he will commit suicide. he will fall on a knife fourteen times.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Since this incident, there have been several more attacks and two or three deaths. An officer in Sabana de la Mar (?) was killed for his weapon apparently.

HB

I really like the idea of Manresa...Trujillo used it effectively...sharks were happy, and crime was down...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Since this incident, there have been several more attacks and two or three deaths. An officer in Sabana de la Mar (?) was killed for his weapon apparently.

HB

I really like the idea of Manresa...Trujillo used it effectively...sharks were happy, and crime was down...

I wonder if this has to do with all the new police and military presence Danilo has implemented?

One thing is for sure is criminals keep doing these brazen attacks it could have the effect of causing the public to start supporting the police which would be disastrous to say the least for common criminals.

May 12, 2005
I say invite Amnesty International, The UN and all the other "do gooders" to a conference in a fancy resort. While the meeting is going on, have the authorities go out and eliminate the problems. Like during the baptism scene in The Godfather.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Over 50 years since his murder and polls still show him as one of the most admired men in DR. What does that tell you?

That tells me a lot about why the people here wait for some one to lead them.
Tells me why corruption isn't going anywhere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it goes on and on... another member of the military assaulted for his gun:
Z 101

it's almost like the criminals are responding to danilo's plan to step on delinquencia...

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I would like to make a few points. First I have been party to dozens of Cops "we ought to have a death squad" actually going all the way back to RVN and it always boils down to the question who decides who dies. I am way far from a Kumbaya type but if you allow free license wait till it is your family member. I believe that if the PN have such a group they do a remarkable job of getting the right guys but again who decides. Second the suggestion that the young 2nd lieutenant who was murdered is somehow responsible by not being hyper vigilant while on the way to work is not only disrespectful but false. Trained LEOS get their guns/badges stolen frequently in the US. Did you read where a DEA SA where just murdered? Got Bless this Young Lady and all the other innocents. Sorry about the emotion but right is right and wrong is wrong.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
I got so mad I forgot my other point. Over the years some posters urged that those who are CCW should let their neighbors know that they are armed. I have always told those who asked that it is a bad idea and where else can the bad guys find a small portable item that is so valuable?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
good report from la zeta: Z 101
looks like the police thinks along the same lines as me: is there a plan behind all this?

you know i read newspapers daily. those last few weeks there has been more violence than usual...

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
For her gun. The savages probably saw a female and figured she was an easy mark.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...f-presidents-daughter-is-2nd-officer-murdered

What will the fall out be? I would hate to be a known delinquent in the area of the robbery. Will this killing hit home and be the impetus for a sustained program of mano dura?

This is a sad story, but why would you hire a female bodyguard? This is another sad case of a woman in a job that she shouldn't have been in. I know some liberals or feminist will slam me for saying this, but look what happened to Moammar Gaddafi, another man who like Medina relied on females to protect him. How did that work out for him? I will make it plain: women make crappy bodyguards. As a man even I would never apply for a job as a bodyguard because I'm not big and intimidating. For a job like that you want a guy like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or MMA Champion Cain Velasquez, a big 250+ dude that can do some serious damage. And in the USA the military is saying women will soon be able to enter the Navy Seals.......has the world gone mad!?

In the end, she was a female and an easy mark. She didn't have the ability to protect herself which meant she had no business protecting the president's daughter. If I were Medina the only type of people I want guarding my daughter are big, bad, tough ex military guys with advanced training and tactics(who are loyal). If you're not trained like Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne you need not apply to protect my kids.

Last edited: