BOTTOM'S UP Inside the all-inclusive island resort with in-room margarita stations, 15 restaurants and swim up bar

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
"
that web site is so descriptive it could be placed next to the definition of boorish" and "tacky" in the dictionary, I could almost smell the vomit rising from the pool from the over indulged truck drivers' union vacationing in a building designed around alcohol and food. I can hear Buck talking at breakfast now. "Im gonna be gettin my monies worth out dat food trough".

Hint,
It was published in the US Sun, obviously catering to their "readership".

Reactions: Big

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Absolutely no reason not to as well. There is so much beauty in this country, so much that is unspoilt, so much that is unique, the very fact that someone has allowed such a hideous temple for those with zero taste to exist is indeed worthy of piling on the criticism, at least in my book. I don't think that would happen in Antigua or Mustique.

And I thought the whole idea of this forum is that we politely accept that other people have different opinions, and that's why we're here isn't it? Surely we don't need another echo chamber.
Maybe some more positivity and less negativity. And NO ONE is saying different opinions are not welcomed. It is the constant negativity that gets old. Now moving on....

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I guess it is best to live in an exhaust filled perpetual traffic jam like Santo Domingo than enjoy the fruits of the Country they live in. "To each his own"..............

If you knew where I lived in Santo Domingo mi amor you would understand that it is indeed not exhaust filled and indeed a very special location indeed.

Reactions: JD Jones

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Hence we need these "Hideous Temples" to keep the unique & unspoiled beauty that abounds just that, unspoiled and unique.. On another note, it's tough to see much of anything happening on Mustique.
Yes I get your point. Fence them all in in Cap Cana and leave the rest of the loveliness for us guys.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you knew where I lived in Santo Domingo mi amor you would understand that it is indeed not exhaust filled and indeed a very special location indeed.
i am sure it is. But unless you never leave it you will still have to get in your car and pray you can get to the next block in 15 or 20 minutes. NOT FOR ME............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Next time you ride one of the new highways or Trams and other new forms of public transportation other than broken down gua gua's here you can thank Punta Cana. Because that is where the money came from.......................
I did ride on the Santiago bypass a few times, but still have no taken any public transport in the DR that is so funded.
I live on the north coast where things are promised and yet forgotten. I have nothing to thank Punta Cana for.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I can tell you as someone in the business, that Margaritaville has been a disappointment. As a Parrothead, I would like to say otherwise, but a flop. The place is seldom even close to capacity, even during high season.

Another note...it will be ceasing operations. That shows how well the business plan worked! Out after 2 years.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Big Punta Cana Margaritaville hype article linked to by Sky dated Feb2024.
Article from dominicantoday one month earlier (Jan 2024) announcing their imminent departure from the D.R..
That's pretty weird.
What's up with that?

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I can tell you as someone in the business, that Margaritaville has been a disappointment. As a Parrothead, I would like to say otherwise, but a flop. The place is seldom even close to capacity, even during high season.

Another note...it will be ceasing operations. That shows how well the business plan worked! Out after 2 years.

I would suggest they tear down that statue of a flip-flop and replace it with something a tad more upscale.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy
Aug 21, 2007
I will settle for humility and not flaunting money or decadent needs over the pleasures offered at this resort.

Yet, because I live in the campo and have become more Dominican than non tolerant American (as I was), I say to each their own.

And as the travel “experts” say, “There is something for everyone in the DR.”

Reactions: mobrouser

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I will settle for humility and not flaunting money or decadent needs over the pleasures offered at this resort.

Yet, because I live in the campo and have become more Dominican than non tolerant American (as I was), I say to each their own.

Yes there is something for everyone in the DR. No other destination in the Caribbean has that diversity.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I have no problem at all sitting in my backyard under a tree and it doesn't cost me anything.