Bravo wines

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I have been thinking in importing sherry and wine myself or with a group of aficionados. Any comments?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
ju10prd, I specifically checked wines from California on that list versus what they sell for in the US. The costs here were in most cases triple the price of the US price.
That is why I made the comment that if a Toyota Corolla had the same markup it would cost $60,000 US here.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This place is just a typical run of the mill Dominican run operation. Charge double or triple the price and fleece anyone that wants to buy there. Live for today and forget about tomorrow.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
This place is just a typical run of the mill Dominican run operation. Charge double or triple the price and fleece anyone that wants to buy there. Live for today and forget about tomorrow.

That being said, they know that there are enough people with money that will buy. They charge what the market can sustain. There are some very smart folks in the RD who make money hand over fist by offering the right product at the high end of what the market can support. In this case I dont think that its short sighted at all. People will always buy wine.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It is one of the problems living in the DR as a wine-lover. Most wines are uncomplicated wines from Chili, US and Argentina.

Take a ride to Las Terrenas. Huge selection of French, Italian and German wine. Bring your credit card. Expensive.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Recently discovered the Verdejo white wine. Please on your rounds of supermarkets let me know which ones are the better ones to buy.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Recently discovered the Verdejo white wine. Please on your rounds of supermarkets let me know which ones are the better ones to buy.

You will no doubt see that Bravo have changed their advertising boards dotted around the city. On Sarasota near Bella Vista Mall I noted they were advertising their Chento Malbec from Argentina.

So today I duly obliged and bought a bottle and have just started to drink. To me it's a balanced, smooth, silky wine with ripe fruit flavors. Sells for 699RD. A nice wine.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I have to share this with the wine drinkers on this forum.

Decided to sample an Italian wine again from the Bravo......a sangiovese.....Fantini, Farnese 2013, Terre de Chieti which only cost just over 400rd. Wasn't expecting anything special and the label made me think twice.

But wait......the first tasting made me think again...and those thereafter....so I googled the wine and came up with an 87/100....hold on.......check more and some favorable reviews too........my taste buds were right.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-3...-sangiovese-terre-di-chieti-igt-abruzzo-italy

https://www.winecurmudgeon.com/wine-of-the-week-farnese-fantini-sangiovese-2013/

Sub $10 wine this good in DR is worth searching out. I'm sure going to buy a lot more and quickly. A red like this will appeal to the person who does not readily opt for a red wine too.

(purchased at Bravo at km 11 on Independencia)

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
(purchased at Bravo at km 11 on Independencia)

I live in Sosua, and I shall have to begin checking. Thanks for the recommendation.

I currently favor a Pagiu (there's an accent in there, but I can't make it happen) Sangiovese that runs around $315/330.)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I live in Sosua, and I shall have to begin checking. Thanks for the recommendation.

I currently favor a Pagiu (there's an accent in there, but I can't make it happen) Sangiovese that runs around $315/330.)

Bravo have a nebbiola line (Barola) at about 750rd which is something I need to try. I just can't drink quick enough trying out their different offerings which continue to please. One of the earlier posts in this thread reminded us that the owner of Bravo was a keen wine buff and I do believe that. I like it when I buy two bottles at about ten bucks each and get a free cheese pack too.