Brawl at Miami airport due to flight to Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If there are CAMERAS around , you have absolutely nothing to lose ,
its not for everyone though.. but I know several Retired Cops, In Shape Athletic types who would not hesitate to assist .
Standing around doing nothing but Videotaping it and laughing about it , Makes you a DOUCHE.
Lol..to each their own.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I do not like cops and I do not like thugs.
They have too much in common with one another. The cop in this video had no business swinging on the guy like that. He acted just like a thug.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I agree! I guess I am from a different school. I have always respected Police, Teachers and service workers. Some people in this day and age go out of their way to harass and belittle service people. It's usually the lower end of the social and economic spectrum that does this.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
ACTUALLY....that charter flight was not intended for Santo Domingo...it would go to Cuba....but. .because of sanctions..to the dictatorship from U,S. it had to go to sdq first.... soo they were all cubanos.....the same cubanos that are super-meek to cuban dictatorship...but...hyper aggressive to peace officers here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Support the police. Family are cops. Friends are cops. This happened in 2009 way before the dbag anti police movement. If properly trained the cop would have assessed the situation and called for backup before heading into a frustrated crowd. No one was in danger until the cop started throwing the haymakers. Just saying he escalated the situation. Then pulled his service weapon in the effing airport where no one clearly had weapons. NYC cops were reprimanded for using mace during a riot. During all 500 plus riots since George Floyd officers were not allowed to draw their weapons. So, this idiot draws down on a crowd in a secure area in the airport. Just stating facts. Some of the earlier comment compare frustrated traveler to animals because they are Dominican. Who has the real resentment.
WELL, one thing for sure most Dominicans respect neither the law or law enforcement officers.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It isn't even demanded that they respect or obey the authorities in this country. I would have liked to have seen the police use a little more force to teach them a lesso
It was just announced by Chu that starting Jan 2022 the minimum wage for police will be $20K.
A
I know we have a lot of Doctors and Scientists on DR1, now we have a Psychiatrist............

WELL, one thing for sure most Dominicans respect neither the law or law enforcement officers.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Miami airport brawl: Two detained after fight breaks out and officer pulls out gun at international airport

Despicable and embarrassing behavior after flight to Santo Domingo is delayed. However not surprising given things that are seen everyday here in DR.
Pulling your service weapon in a crowded airport is both reckless and dangerous and is not taught in the police academy.
Avg pay for Miami cop is 53k
Miami cops are all issued non lethal weapons.
Cops are not teachers of respect through violence.

In the US there is a presumption of innocence and any cop that kills someone in a fist fight situation is in deep trouble.
Proper response would be mace spray or taser.
Ever see cops cars with "protect and serve" written on the door? That is their real job, not to teach anything or escalate violence into gun play.

People out on bail traveling internationally is as common as chicken with teeth.
Out on bail you may leave the state if you have prior permission but you are not traveling internationally.

Regarding use of force Ask "taser, taser, taser, ex police officer Kim Potter who was just found guilty of manslaughter one for shooting a black male during a traffic stop.
I know it is sad for you authoritarian types here but police cannot "crack your skull, teach you a lesson or whip out a gun in the Miami airport over a fist fight.
Found it interesting that no one was concerned about guns being used in a crowded Miami airport.

In the past we only heard the police officers version of events but today with body cameras there is video evidence and things have changed.
Ex police officer, now jail inmate Derek Chauvin found that kneeling on George Floyds neck for nine minutes is not appropriate use of force.
Lastly the Miami airport is literally crawling with various police agencies and its doubtful that additional police assistance is more than a minute away.

Reactions: wuarhat

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Pulling your service weapon in a crowded airport is both reckless and dangerous and is not taught in the police academy.

In the US there is a presumption of innocence and any cop that kills someone in a fist fight situation is in deep trouble.
Ever see cops cars with "protect and serve" written on the door? That is their real job, not to teach anything or escalate violence into gun play.

People out on bail traveling internationally is as common as chicken with teeth.
Out on bail you may leave the state if you have prior permission but you are not traveling internationally.

Regarding use of force Ask "taser, taser, taser, ex police officer Kim Potter who was just found guilty of manslaughter one for shooting a black male during a traffic stop.
I know it is sad for you authoritarian types here but police cannot "crack your skull, teach you a lesson or whip out a gun in the Miami airport over a fist fight.
Found it interesting that no one was concerned about guns being used in a crowded Miami airport.

In the past we only heard the police officers version of events but today with body cameras there is video evidence and things have changed.
Ex police officer, now jail inmate Derek Chauvin found that kneeling on George Floyds neck for nine minutes is not appropriate use of force.
Lastly the Miami airport is literally crawling with various police agencies and its doubtful that additional police assistance is more than a minute away.
Advocating for criminals is just not my thing. Although it is in vogue to disparage the P.D I will always support them and their mission. That officer waded into a riot and attempted to arrest a felon. Some would say "where are the police when you need them. I say promote that lawman and give him a raise. That loser that assaulted the officers is not a victim, he is a criminal and everyone that egged him on is a complete loser.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

After 9/11, trying to steal a vehicle and then trying to grab hold of a cop in an airport should be an immediate beating, and if the cop is too fat to control a bunch of idiots approaching him, pull out a weapon. In any country.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

That thug was about 2 seconds away from getting shot. The thug was advancing, you don't let an out of control thug get his hands on a "gun in a crowded Miami airport" (your words). You fight to win, you respond with overwhelming force. The officer isn't required to duke it out with some scum of society. That's how you prevent the thug from killing innocent people.

And Kim Potter should have never been charged. She should have shot that thug on purpose. He was about to drag an officer with his car and kill him. He was about to race down the street and kill a family of four with his car. The world is a better place without that trash.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Advocating for criminals is just not my thing. Although it is in vogue to disparage the P.D I will always support them and their mission. That officer waded into a riot and attempted to arrest a felon. Some would say "where are the police when you need them. I say promote that lawman and give him a raise. That loser that assaulted the officers is not a victim, he is a criminal and everyone that egged him on is a complete loser.
Cops who violate civil rights in the USA are criminals, and you advocate for them, even encourage them. You are a fucking hypocrite.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
ACTUALLY....that charter flight was not intended for Santo Domingo...it would go to Cuba....but. .because of sanctions..to the dictatorship from U,S. it had to go to sdq first.... soo they were all cubanos.....the same cubanos that are super-meek to cuban dictatorship...but...hyper aggressive to peace officers here.
Sure about that?

They did arrested one Dominican involved in the fighting. Where there is one, there are more.

Status
Not open for further replies.