breezes puerto plata, sousa bay hotel?????

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
at the gallery

I am at the DR1 gallery the ones with no name.
Where can we post our pics ?
you can see CG at yahoo profiles/caribbeangeorge or PM me your mail address.
Although its no fun to meet someone in picture before.

gar598

Jan 17, 2003
From what I recall, Breezes looked like a fortress, but is, I would imagine, probably nice since it is a chain, after all. It all depends on what you're looking for. I stayed at Sea Grape in Cabarete last spring - it wasn't exactly two stars or one star in comparison with American standard, and half the time we found that we preferred to eat in town rather than the all-inclusive deal, which, as you might suspect, got pricey (taxis, food, etc.). We actually made the mistake of not going to the beach side of Cabarete (where all the bars and restaurants are located) the first couple days, but soon found them, or, rather, they found us. Just have a good time and remember to leave the resort every now and then.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sosua Bay Hotel

Street gossip has it that the hotel is putting next weeks guests into alternative accommodation as they will be closed for minor earthquake crack repairs? Anyone know how true this is?
Peter

barbchuck

Oct 14, 2003
what is a sankie?

I am a 34 year old married woman coming to DR for first time w/ hubby..
he will be playing alot of golf....
so what is a sankie? a male whore?
please advise...
Not that I need these type of services.. I am just curious as I see this word used alot on this site

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: what is a sankie?

barbchuck said:
I am a 34 year old married woman coming to DR for first time w/ hubby..
he will be playing alot of golf....
so what is a sankie? a male whore?
please advise...
Not that I need these type of services.. I am just curious as I see this word used alot on this site
Hey you never know what you may need so don't knock it.

I have an agency SankiesRus and can provide for your every need. I have this one model by the name of Ken (named of course for Barbies boyfriend) who gets a lot of repeat business with satisfied customers. Ken is what you would call a Gym Rat and has the body to prove it!

Please call me if you feel like the 19th hole and need companionhsip for very little money out of pocket. Afterall it IS the dominican republic ya know.

Management does not either recommend or not recommend paid advertisers on DR1

barbchuck

Oct 14, 2003
Escott, thank you for the offer!

I cannot keep up w/ my Gordo hubby. He is 16 years my senior and chases me around the house all day. we are retired, which is nice because I am only 34.
I have alot of change lying around, i will be sure to pack my change purse just in case..
I really feel your target customer should be a tall, meager, freckled, mousy looking blonde from b_tt F--K, Nebraska, USA..
I am sure you have a very successful business.
I live 1 hour from NYC and I have seen and heard it all.
Honestly this is the first time I have evr heard of these men..Sankies, and I have travelled all over the Caribbean and the world in fact..
this site is so interesting!
LOL

barb:cool:

C

Caral

Sosua Bay closed?

Is the hotel closed for repair. I was planning on being there starting tomorrow.....

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi barbchuck,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Dominican Sankie Pankies are men who prey on young women's hearts and pocketbooks. They are charming, suave, have great lithe young bodies, can dance up a storm, and could care less about the feelings of their prey as long as they get her money, or use her as a way out of the D.R. They will pick up young (or not so young) tourists at the disco and invite them to a disco in town or just stay at the one where they met. They will always have a sob story (sick mother, broken car, friend in jail, etc., etc.) so they need money, so they don't look like they are mooching off the girl (machismo, you know). Once hooked the lies increase and there are promises of eternal love, faithfulness, marriage, etc., etc. Many young women lose their hearts to a Dominican who is totally faithful until the airplane leaves (if that long). The unlucky ones do not realize this and support him financially, even after she returns home and she is in fact supporting him in his pursuits of other women. In addition many male resort workers (especially the entertainers) are in fact Sankie Pankies by any other name.

Some form or another of this type exist in many areas where relatively well-off tourists are in close touch with less well-off locals. in Jamaica the term is "beach boy" or sometimes "rent-a-rasta" or "rent-a-dread".

Gregg

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
sosua bay hotel

im going to sosua bay hotel resort at the end of march next year, and im wondering about the beach? can anyone let me know if there is a problem with the sea urchins? last year my friend stepped on one, and now she's afraid to go in the water. also, how is the nite life? ive been there in the day, and i cant wait to party.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
my friends and i are staying at the sosua bay hotel next march, and last year when we went for the day, a friend had stepped on an urchin and hurt her foot. now she's paranoid about the water. should we wear some sort of slipper/shoe, or are we still okay to go swimming? not that we do a lot of swimming in the ocean anyways.... as for the bars in sosua? im hoping theyre awesome, as well does anyone know if they play north american music or is it all bachata and merengue?

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
regarding sosua bay hotel

im coming down in march and am staying with my girlfriends at the sosua bay hotel. last year my friend had stepped on a sea urchin and now she's paranoid about the water. should she be? should we wear water shoes?im not too worried, am more concerned with the bars? do they play north american music, or mostly bachata and merengue?

Dec 9, 2002
Kunky
Do you have a stutter? Do you have a stutter? Do you have a stutter?

There is no need to say the same thing 3 times, we can all read you know!