Bringing Fianceee to USA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi I Have Not Sent In Any Application Forms In Yet ..i Actually Wanted To Know About How Long Was It Was Taking To Get The Interview Appointment... My Fiance Lives In D.r And I Live In N.j.... If I Put In The Forms In... Must I Stay In Nj Waiting For The Reply Or Can I Live In Dr Till The Apointment Is Given To Us?? Do They Ask For Alot Of Documents???

Waiting list is about 2 years so no point moving to the DR unless you want to. Yes they do ask for a lot of documents. You need to prove you are having a real relationship and that you didn't just meet last week;)

Check this Dominicans to the USA and this Visa Information for Immigrants

JOHNNY HENRIQUEZ

Feb 27, 2007
I Married My Dominican Wife Febuary 8.2007 I Put In The Papper Work I130 And I129f I Recieved 1797 Notice Of Action On Both. I Am A U.s. Citizen Born And Raised Here. The Noticed Stated From July 23 Rd 2007 That I Can Take 60 To 180 Days To Process. These Phone Cards Are Killing Me! Do You Think That It Will Take Longer Than That .

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I Married My Dominican Wife Febuary 8.2007 I Put In The Papper Work I130 And I129f I Recieved 1797 Notice Of Action On Both. I Am A U.s. Citizen Born And Raised Here. The Noticed Stated From July 23 Rd 2007 That I Can Take 60 To 180 Days To Process. These Phone Cards Are Killing Me! Do You Think That It Will Take Longer Than That .

My understanding is that it now takes 3 years. Read this thread again there are links where you can get more info

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Johnny...what you received if the first Notice of Action (1)...they got the paperwork...now it needs to be processed at the National Visa Center...you will get another NOA(2) when they're finished and ready to be sent to the Consulate in Santo Domingo...

Once it gets to SDQ, you have approximately a 22 to 24 month wait time for them to schedule an appointment to interview you before they approve the visa...

If you need more complete and trustworthy info, check this out: Dominicans to the USA

The head Consul check in to the website every week, and gives honest and very useful information...

Sit and wait, my friend...you're gonna needs lots of patience for this process!!!

I just went through it...it took us almost 19 months from start to finish!!!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org

My friend just completed it last year. It took 2 years.

JOHNNY HENRIQUEZ

Feb 27, 2007
I Thought That After You File Your I130 And I129f For The K3 Visa That You Could Bring Yourwife To The U.s. While The I130 Application Continues Its Process? Can Anyone Let Me Know If I Am Right?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
K1 or K3 you still have to wait on a long list for an interview of at least 2-3 years.

No one can just bring their spouse to the US without that interview.

tharvey

Oct 23, 2007
My fiancee has an interview in December or January (it's been 20 months already), does anyone know about the Dominican cedula that is required for the interview? She is not a Dominican citizen so some people are telling her she has to go to Santo Domingo to get this "ID"? and it takes 3 months and cost 20,000 pesos. Is this true?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
tharvey...your post is a bit confusing to me...

Where was your fiance born??? I don't think getting a cedula in DR takes that long or is that expensive...but I might be wrong...

If you give us a bit more info, maybe I could point you in the right direction...

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
tharvey, she needs a residence card (provisional or permanent). I am not dominican, during my interview (K1 visa in Santo Domingo) they didn't want to see my cedula, just my residence card.

AFAIK, you can't get a cedula without a residence card.

About the time it will take to get the residence card, I am afraid it will be more than 3 months. My first residence card took about 6-8 months to get to me. She can always hire a pushy/well connected lawyer to get it faster.

She will also need her foreign birth certificate and foreign police certificates, hopefully her embassy will be able to help her with that.

Best luck

Jess

tharvey

Oct 23, 2007
cedula

Thanks for the reply, my fiance was born in Haiti, she lives in the DR. The K-1 interview is Dec. 26. Any idea how to get this Dominican ID, where do you go in Santo Domingo? What documents are needed, how long do you wait to get it, and the cost.......Thanks

thencprincess

Oct 25, 2007
I Just Started This What Is Going To Happen

I just sent the all the forms and information on Oct 25, 2007. What happens now what are all the steps we have to look forward to. Can he come over to visit while all this is happen or do i have to go there. What type of questions do they ask. What happens if he or I dont know the asnwer.

titosantana

Sep 5, 2008

dont wanna **** anyone off....but in all my reading on how to bring
a fiancee to the states, i have never been able to find out the
costs....the total cost, and cost for each step....i just hear
people make reference to checks. can somone point me in the
exact direction? i've been to the other sites....maybe i'm not
looking in the right place. thanks...1st time post

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
dont wanna **** anyone off....but in all my reading on how to bring
a fiancee to the states, i have never been able to find out the
costs....the total cost, and cost for each step....i just hear
people make reference to checks. can somone point me in the
exact direction? i've been to the other sites....maybe i'm not
looking in the right place. thanks...1st time post

Did you ask on this website Dominicans to the USA - Index

Are you bringing a fianc?e to the US? The cost of the paper work might not be much but it's the going back and forth to keep a relationship going that would cost far more than some papers. ;)

titosantana

Sep 5, 2008
thanks Anna. i hadn't asked there yet. just been reading over there a lot. i'll try
over there. But to answer your question, Anna, yes....to the fiancee question.
...........our situation is a little different.

I live in the US and she lives in Dominicana. We both study in another country....
together. We've been together for 2 years now...and have some significant time left.
I'm trying to find out what can be done to prepare because we only have about a
month and a half vacation each year and i doubt that we can start the process in this exact time....classes won't allow it, etc, etc.