BRINGING IN FOOD/ GROCERIES PRODUCTS INTO DR AIRPORTS FROM USA 🇺🇸

rey

Jan 2, 2007
2 questions :

1- Does anyone knows if it’s ok to bring in food ( groceries ) into DR such as tuna cans , beef sausages , Chicken cans , meats ?

2- IF the answer is NO to the above question ; what are the chances they will make a big deal out of it at the Dominican airport ? I MEAN is a USA 🇺🇸 food products plus is coming IN not going OUT ….

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
2 questions :

1- Does anyone knows if it’s ok to bring in food ( groceries ) into DR such as tuna cans , beef sausages , Chicken cans , meats ?

2- IF the answer is NO to the above question ; what are the chances they will make a big deal out of it at the Dominican airport ? I MEAN is a USA 🇺🇸 food products plus is coming IN not going OUT ….
Someone bringing you a care package ?
Or are you just going down your list of inane questions to post ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
2 questions :

Dominicans are a lot less anal than our beloved (always know what's best) neighbors to the north. So long as the food is wrapped I doubt they care.

Reactions: rey

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Unless it is something they want to eat themselves. A few years ago I brought a few sweet potatoes in my luggage. This was before they were available here as Imported in grocery stores. The inspection guy confiscated mine after much discussion. As I left I said BUEN PROVECHO.
He smiled, winked and gave me a thumbs up (y)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
2 questions :

Canned and jars ok. But you introduced another problem...meats.I'm not quite SURE that goes smoothly at TSA in USA. Might be faced with agriculture problems, dry ice issue, IDK.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I have brought in frozen steaks many times and the inspectors have found them and didn't say a thing to me.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
My friend brings rack of lamb............... and has not been caught !
Yet, I suppose...........
I was told yrs ago as long as it’s completely frozen blind eye is turned..so far nobody gave me hassle..frozen wrapped in towel surprised its completely frozen solid still when I arrive 10 hrs later..

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I bring in canned goods (including bumblebee 'gold') and dry package items every time I come back, no problem; don't know about items such as meats or sausage

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I bring a various assortment of nuts and seeds, dried fruit,croutons, salad stuff, beef sticks (for snacks) and special dog food for our dog

I suspect the dog food sold in the DR is Made in China or has Chinese "ingredients."

11 years and counting, never got asked

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I bring a various assortment of nuts and seeds, dried fruit,croutons, salad stuff, beef sticks (for snacks) and special dog food for our dog

I suspect the dog food sold in the DR is Made in China or has Chinese "ingredients."

11 years and counting, never got asked
PETMASTER dogfood at Pricesmart is made by Cargill, so I think it is probably made in the USA.

Aug 21, 2007
I remember reading years ago that meats that are vacuum packed and frozen are allowed. Don't know if it is still true. Now, if you know the right places to go you can get anything here. Just takes a little planning.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
What about SUMMER SAUSAGEs (that is a pork sausages that is basically vacuum packed and sealed) ???

Will they allowed into the departing USA flight into DR ? But more importantly ones I do land ( arrival ) will the Dominican customs/security allowed it In to the DR ?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What about SUMMER SAUSAGEs (that is a pork sausages that is basically vacuum packed and sealed) ???

Will they allowed into the departing USA flight into DR ? But more importantly ones I do land ( arrival ) will the Dominican customs/security allowed it In to the DR ?

Yes.