British man arrested for traveling with cocaine

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ingles-detenido-36-paquetes-droga-DNCD-1024x460.png

An airport drug patrol dog detected suspect substance in the suitcases of a British national traveling to Frankfurt from Punta Cana International Airport. An inspection revealed 36 packages of cocaine loosely packed in the man’s suitcases.

Read more:DNCD Metro UK

4 March 2024

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
well Sir, If there is no shortage of "said substance" why is it so very expensive.?
Because it is illegal. That greatly increases the price, the profit margin and means there will always be another mule to bring it in.

Usage is up despite the price.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Because it is illegal. That greatly increases the price, the profit margin and means there will always be another mule to bring it in.

well you reported that there is no shortage of the product. This would indicate lower prices according to economics. 101, and yes, it is illegal, that is why countless are serving lengthy prison sentences in almost every country worldwide, thankfully.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
He is soooo F,,,,,, !!!!!
He probably thought “it’s the DR, laws aren’t followed here” until they are! That’s why even in the DR and even if a law is not always enforced, it must be in the books. As long its there, it can be enforced at any time and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I don't think so. It's cheap here. Poor people can't afford to spend a lot of money, so it's divvied up in very small portions that everyone can afford.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
He probably thought “it’s the DR, laws aren’t followed here” until they are! That’s why even in the DR and even if a law is not always enforced, it must be in the books. As long its there, it can be enforced at any time and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

This country exports an estimated 500.tons of cocaine every year. They never intercept massive shipments leaving the country only coming in. Do occasionally they throw the dog a bone and arrest a tourist leaving with a big haul. Lots of publicity and quietly the big shipment carries on uninterrupted

Reactions: CristoRey and cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think so. It's cheap here. Poor people can't afford to spend a lot of money, so it's divvied up in very small portions that everyone can afford.
I have proof in other threads that were shut down that cocaine usage is up in the EU and USA. It is not an opinion of mine that usage is up,
Nor is it an opinion of mine that someone else will always step up to produce, transport and sell cocaine because the profits are so vast.

It will corrupt virtually everyone from the person on the street who was arrested this time, to those who work in airports, on ships, and in government frequently going from the bottom to the top.

That news is presented almost every other day. Just look for the smiley I post under those periodic announcements here on DR1.

Draw your own conclusions, but please do that when you have actual facts.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have proof in other threads that were shut down that cocaine usage is up in the EU and USA. It is not an opinion of mine that usage is up,
Nor is it an opinion of mine that someone else will always step up to produce, transport and sell cocaine because the profits are so vast.

It will corrupt virtually everyone from the person on the street who was arrested this time, to those who work in airports, on ships, and in government frequently going from the bottom to the top.

That news is presented almost every other day. Just look for the smiley I post under those periodic announcements here on DR1.

Draw your own conclusions, but please do that when you have actual facts.
I was referring to the price of local consumption.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was referring to the price of local consumption.
Locally, it has been reported that payment for helping with transhipment has been made with product instead of with cash,
That makes product more readily available here,

It has also been reported that there are plenty of people with money in the DR who could well afford it.

The target market has never been the poor barrio people in the DR. Those that do partake who are poor, often become criminals that
steal from others to get the money to pay for their habit. Collateral damage is incurred.

How do I know this? I have personal information on that very subject.

And not just one instance, but several.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
The price is mostly determined by location. It is cheap in the producers country, it is multiplied when in the DR or Mexico, it is again multiplied a lot when in the US and EU and I think it is even more expensive in Asia and Australia. The cocafarmers, the transportmules and the outtakers in harbours get almost nothing but the risks, the cartels and the traders get it all. The supply and margins must be so good that the price has been steady for decades, no inflation! The profits and addictive nature of the product makes it impossible to win the fight against it.
Drugs do not care if you are rich or poor. Nor do the sellers.

Reactions: cavok and windeguy