Broad Daylinght Mugging Cabarete/Celuisima Entrada

fivefingers

Jul 8, 2011
We are coming from different places.
Spain is the dr of Europe if you will. Holiday destination. Beautiful country, bla bla.
Crime rate is low. USA is a totally different ball game.

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Harley -

Yes, I am in the same "vecinos" but things happen here too. Had a neighbor tell me about a shoot out he had with a robber. He ran them off - so yes, craziness happens everywhere.

My Dominican neighbors are the best eyes and ears - and sometimes I am very glad.

I am only sorry there weren't more people around today when moto guy went after the little old lady. Not to worry - he will pick the wrong person sometime.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Wow! You come on strong tagging my statement as ridiculous.
Every week and I am not exaggerating. Yes, Santo Domingo, las minas. Dominicanos don't want to live there. Must be a reason they are all desperate to leave the country.

... LOL...

Los Mina is considered one of the worst neighborhoods in the DR.. but it doesn't even compare to the compton or liberty city in the US.. I would rather live in Los mina any day.. There might be **** going down there once a week.. but in liberty city it is daily murders/muggings. Typically people that live in los mina deserve each other, it is well known as a "stay as far away as you possibly can" area

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I live among muggers, killers and thieves anywhere I live in the world, some of the most prolific murderers ever encountered on our lives are from worthy backgrounds. My best mode of defense has always been to let them think I am more foking crazy than they are. And to this day I have had three attempted robberies, and only one successful when with my daughter. The other two times I went mental and they sped off. Screaming and shouting accasionally and making sober gestures of just how mad you could be is worth while.
Well, I live in what is considered one of the most dangerous barrio_Campos near to boca chica and probably in the country ans in the city near Villa Mella and people stay away from me. My streets are sound, locals swarm to live near the crazy Italian-Spaniard-English-Columbian crazy dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be mental, be safe, be more than just a target. Let them know crazy fockers exist elswhere in the world.

Hope she pulls through alright!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
We are coming from different places.
Spain is the dr of Europe if you will. Holiday destination. Beautiful country, bla bla.
Crime rate is low. USA is a totally different ball game.

are you some sort of troll ? one minute asking about jobs here then saying there are murders every week - by the way spain doesnt have a low crime rate

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I see this happen on El Conde (Santo Domingo) about 5 years ago to an older woman. The guy was caught, street justice was served, the kid was saved by the police, after the crowd had beat him to a pulp.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is DR related, lets not forget that, enough of the Spanish crime related posts.

Thanks.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Much lower crime

Infraction given. Keep it up....

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2005
This is a ridiculous statement! I live in a barrio and not one bad thing has happened to us here. Whenever we get hurt or something happens the barrio peeps are the first to come running to help us!
The DR is not all non stop violent crime, not the one I live in anyways!

Where do your in laws live? SD?

With all due respect. Just because nothing has ever happened to you doesn't mean that that poster is wrong in his assessment. The Dominican Republic is a place that has placed fear in even decent New York Dominicans, who hesitate visiting family due to the dangers that their old neighborhoods present.
The DR is the main Cocaine hub in the Caribbean (transplanting Puerto Rico), and because the Government croonies and Military control the drug game, things are somewhat under control. Once gangs start to get stronger, you'll have a little Mexico on your hands.
Just ask those who never ever go out at night, whether the Dominican Republic is the paradise it was 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom the DR gives me, love the beaches and the older generation's humbleness and humility. But that is where, it ends for most.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
THAT's for the Dominican Republic I first knew, and LOVED, 30 years ago!!!!

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
THAT's for the Dominican Republic I know TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 15, 2005
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
THAT's for the Dominican Republic I first knew, and LOVED, 30 years ago!!!!

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
THAT's for the Dominican Republic I know TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

According to your smileys, there's more bad than good. lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Seems THAT WAY! :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
cc

With all due respect. Just because nothing has ever happened to you doesn't mean that that poster is wrong in his assessment. The Dominican Republic is a place that has placed fear in even decent New York Dominicans, who hesitate visiting family due to the dangers that their old neighborhoods present.
The DR is the main Cocaine hub in the Caribbean (transplanting Puerto Rico), and because the Government croonies and Military control the drug game, things are somewhat under control. Once gangs start to get stronger, you'll have a little Mexico on your hands.
Just ask those who never ever go out at night, whether the Dominican Republic is the paradise it was 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom the DR gives me, love the beaches and the older generation's humbleness and humility. But that is where, it ends for most.

The poster doesn't live here and his in laws live in a really crappy area of SD where Expats would not move to anyways so I think it gives a bit of false info.