brugal tour guide

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Kaylie1

I am sorry if we come across as a rude bunch, but the problem is that we hear a question like yours every day or two. :confused:

when i was in (anytourist town) recently, i went to the (disco/beach/other place) and saw this cute (local) but didn't get a chance to talk to (him/her). does anyone know any of these (guys/girls)or how to contact them? any help is greatly appreciated! pleez!!!!! =)

Yeah, almost the same question. So at the time it is hard for us to take any of that seriously. Do a search in the archives.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Pib is right Kaylie1....

Kaylie1, I can understand your upset, but please don't give up on the board as a result of the response to your first question. Ask something about travel, resorts, what to see and do, etc., etc., and you will get very serious answers.

Since you seem to have been a frequent visitor to dr1, you know the message board was just reorganized, with some new categories created. You posted your question in the right section, which I assume is because you read that it was for, among other things, "chasing, dating, or married to a Dominican."
That gives you an idea of how often girls like yourself seem to want to throw themselves at young Dominican men.

You did get at least one serious and helpful reply, that from Marilyn:

"these guys meet so many tourists, and they make them feel special, but Kaylie, you should know better than to fall for those guys, they hit on every pretty young thing they see..."

You would do well to take her advice. There are a great many places in the world where you can meet young men whose intentions are far more honorable. There is a name in the Dominican Republic for these macho predators, Sankies. Every tourist area is full of them. Each week they can be seen walking hand in hand with another girl, or in a restaurant/bar with the girl, who is paying all the bills.

PS: Take a look, for example, at Cheryl.W's post in the General/Open section.

Last edited:

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Kaylie1 said:
i enjoyed reading the website before but now i see that everyone is just rude!

Listen to everyone, we're not a rude bunch, these guys poke fun at anything and you have to have a sense of humor in this forum, I learned that the hard way too. But listen to the people that have given you good advice. If you still insist on finding this guy (I advice you to cease and desist) then call the Brugal factory where you had the tour and ask them...

Good luck....

P.S. There's a lot of good Dominican boys around (and good Dominican girls too!!!) but you have to know where to look, tourist spots are full of sankies and it's very dangerous to fall for one of them.

Kaylie1

Jun 17, 2002
i have been to the DR several times now, so i know all about the sankies that prey on turistas. it's funny that most of them use the same lines....do they take a class on this? "hola! que linda! what is your name?, where are you from?, do you know the merengue? do you want me to teach you?", etc. i didn't say i wanted to marry the guy and i don't know why everyone makes the assumption that the guy i saw is a sanky. so you're saying that every young dominican male working in a tourist city is a sanky?? come on! it was just a regular question to see if anyone knew people who work at brugal. i know it is vague but thats all the details i have.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Good answer, Marilyn. No, not every man in a tourist town is a sanky, but many of them dream of becoming one! Good luck in your search...I suggest if you are really intent on this, call the factory, or make a trip back.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Look again at your question....

If you could do it over again, Kaylie1, I'd suggest asking whether anyone knows how to contact the tour guides at the Brugal rum factory. Period. Not:

"when i was in Puerta Plata recently, i went to the Brugal rum factory and saw this cute tour guide but didn't get a chance to talk to him. does anyone know any of these guys or how to contact them? any help is greatly appreciated! pleez!!!!! =)

Kaylie1

Jun 17, 2002
i guess so, but i doubt it would have made a difference. i assumed no one would waste their time replying unless they had information or a serious response.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Kylie,
This board is the be-all-end-all of sarcasm, especially in the "mars and venus" area. Well, now you know, you can join in!:devious:

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Yes, I guess I should apologize...

for being so rude. It's all Criss Colon's fault. You see I have been attending the Criss Colon School for Board Posters. As he once said, "on the internet you can be anybody you want to be".
For example, on the internet, CC is rude, obnoxious, arrogant, sometimes witty, a woman chaser, and a gourmand. But in reality, he is a kind, quiet, serious, non-drinking, loving husband who eats only avocado salads. (so I'm told).

Hey, we're just having fun. It's gets boring at work, sometimes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lots of salads yes,but no avocado anymore!

Just when I get up to my "Goal Weight" of 400lbs.,I find out that the "Weight Chart" I have been using is for Polar Bears! Now I have a "Chart" for humans and it looks like I am either 175lbs. overweight,or at 6ft.6in.I am 4 feet to short.Since my last "growth spurt" occured in 1972-74,I have to 'lose' 175lbs.!So,lots of salads yes,but no avocados.I have discovered,and like;"SPLENDA",an artificial "sweetner".I will probably get "Artificial Diabetes"!No "fats,no "sugars",no "Fun"! I am moving into my "thinner" clothes.I know all the "Fatties" out there know about that!I am not going to get weighed until I am in my "Skinny" clothes.Should be in December,I hope that is December of 2002! CRISCO Then I will change my "nickname to "Olive Oil" "Extra-Virgin" of course!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Stop hijacking this thread and get back to the discussion at hand..

..who has the phone number of the girl with three breasts? and is she currently dating anyone?

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Cleef

call Ripley's, they gave me the number for the man was actually born with a brain
crazya.gif

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I once dated a girls who had 3 breasts!

Two of her breasts were in the "normal" location on her chest,but her "third" breast was on her back between her shoulder blades.She was a little unusual to look at,but boy was she fun to dance with!!!!!!CRISCO

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Oh... Tony C. you have to stand in line behind TW, he's got the third leg and viacreme-machine :lick:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nikie,I get "Weighed" a "Wot"!.I "wike it"

Jus "was"week I got "weighed" "twee" times!Evawee won should get "weighed" a "wot"!! See you "weighter"CWISS"