Building materials have gone way up

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Materiales-de-Construccion-Diario-Libre-1024x532.jpg

It is probably not a surprise to anyone who has built anything from a cottage to an apartment complex. Still, according to the Regional Center for Sustainable Economic Strategies (CREES in Spanish), the prices of building materials have gone up over 25% so far this year. The information is based on data from the National Statistics Office (ONE) that studies the direct costs of building housing.

The Dominican Association of Housing Builders and Promoters (ACOPROVI) says prices have risen 31.5%. Some of this is the direct result of shipping difficulties caused by the Covid-19 virus that upset the world’s economy and transport from China.

One official recognition of this increase is that the government has sought a modification of the law that covers the housing market in the Dominican Republic. The amendment increases the low-cost housing unit price to RD$4.5...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm just finishing a Sprinter van a RV conversion for my step daughter in Western Canada. Most prices have come down but not all. I am buying whatever I can from the likes of Home Depot and Lowes as RV supply stores are crazy.
New inventory in the DR should follow once the expensive imported stuff is sold.

Reactions: Seamonkey