Bulgarians Caught Cloning Credit Cards at La Sirena

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
my friend informed me this morning that two Bulgarain nationals were apprehended yesterday outside of La Sirena in POP, cloning credit cards.

if it is true, i hope they don't get deported. there is nothing the mattter with them that 10 years in Victoria cannot rectify.

be careful out there. it is not pretty these days..
What method were they using to clone cards?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The new chip cards are 'close to impossible to clone' - As more ATMs and POS locations in the DR incorporate chip readers only - then it will dramatically reduce cloning.

I suggest only carrying one card, and or your local bank ATM and have all the alerts setup to be notified of any withdrawals or charges - sent as text messages.
Keep your credit card companies numbers on your cell phone and freeze the account if there is unauthorized activity, or you misplace a card.

One thing is the charges here often appear to a name other than the business you used it - so it is sometimes hard to correlate.

....I use my master debit card about 1 time a month to withdrawn a large amount....at my bank at the cashier. it has a chip,,never a problem......Doc.....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
....I use my master debit card about 1 time a month to withdrawn a large amount....at my bank at the cashier. it has a chip,,never a problem......Doc.....
Is it a debit only or credit card too ?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
14 years ago we arrested 2 bulgarians in a bank installing card readers and a camera above the machines. We found 4 others in a van around the corner and a lot of blanks and other cameras and card readers. This was in Toronto and we had 4 banks under surveillance and got lucky. They never spoke a word and a lawyer came to the station. They made bail the next day even though we asked for a detention order. Obviously the JP had never been the victim of this type of crime. Guess what...they failed to appear for trial and to my knowledge there are still bench warrants outstanding. They sure do get around.