Bus Travel from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
RonS said:
Well, if you see a short bald headed snow bird thawing out on the beach in front of Marleen and Silvia's office or strolling towards Playa Bonita in awe of the beauty of Las Terrenas, give me a shout. I would suggest meeting at the Colibri Bar, but I don't want to miss a second of it getting inebriated.

Have a safe flight down, and I'll see you there!

I'll ask the girls at the front desk to point out which are the Americans staying at Colibri when we are there.

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
Hiya Juniper how are you guys doing? Need anything? see you around the 12-22nd of FEB.
And RONS you'll spot us easy our son will be the one in the pool from 8am till dark with the big voice.
Terry, Nicki &Tanner

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
dontuseEltour said:
Hiya Juniper how are you guys doing? Need anything? see you around the 12-22nd of FEB.
And RONS you'll spot us easy our son will be the one in the pool from 8am till dark with the big voice.
Terry, Nicki &Tanner

I'll look for you guys!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
dontuseEltour said:
Terry, Nicki &Tanner

Greetings from Miami and Happy New Year! We are doing very well thank you. Looking forward to going back to LT. Hopefully we will see you there. We don't have an exact date when we are leaving but we should be there by the middle of February.

Best regards, Juniper

rdy2go

Apr 25, 2005
what roads?

Hello Everyone,

I have read many posts about getting from Santo Domingo to Las Terenas
on either Caribe or Metro buses but no one has specified which roads to take?
One post said to go thru ?San Macori? to LT in 4 hours and another unspecified? shorter route? It would be great to know exactly what roads to take to get from Santo Domingo to Las Terenas in 4 hours!!! I have always taken hgwy #1 thru Santiago up thru the mountains and spent the night in either Puerto Plata / Sosua / Costambar and then the next day drove to Las Terenas ... I once drove down from Las Terenas thru Nagua thru the country side to Boca Chica ... this was supposed to be a short cut!!!! ... took about 8 hours!! ... mostly gravel roads ... I have been to the DR many, many times and one thing that I have learned is that you do not ask a Dominican for directions!!!! Any one know wether or not the new bypass/hgwy that is sorta by Andres that is supposed to take you to Samana is open yet??? The new signs and at least the beginning of a new hgwy are there, when will it be available for driving to Samana?