BUSINESS IDEA FOR SANTO DOMINGO!

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Business Opportunity ; I cannot vouch for Santo Domingo, but the client base is there.
A Funeral Parlor with all the trimmings and ''Dignified Send Off'' may be a good thought.
I live in North Shore and there is a funeral almost every two days.
A coffin on the back of a pick up is not dignified ... but a Hearse is !
Recently an Entrepreneur in Luperon decided to invest in the Funeral Parlor business ... doing quite well.

Just a thought and will require considerable research.
Even with crematorium would enhance the opportunities.
It all may fit into your budget.
Death and Taxes are the two absolutes on Planet Earth today.

Just a thought.
Russell

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Business Opportunity ; I cannot vouch for Santo Domingo, but the client base is there.
A Funeral Parlor with all the trimmings and ''Dignified Send Off'' may be a good thought.
Recently an Entrepreneur in Luperon decided to invest in the Funeral Parlor business ... doing quite well.

Just a thought.
Russell

In Santo Domingo, Blandino has that market sewed up. 

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004

Just a thought.
Russell
  I've witnessed the various modes of transportation of the deceased from Padre Billini in SD and even the oft seen black Cadillac Hearse is sad and pitiful looking.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002

Just a thought.
Russell

They'd be dying to do business with ya!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They are the only crematorium - that I have heard of.

Don't they have an STI branch ?

Blandino? There is a Blandino in Santiago. Unfortunately, I have attended viewings there. It's near the big bombers and next to the big public cemetery.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Having just finished washing my car...
something frowned on for owners to do here in RD..
I had a premonition...
I was reminded of a business in Toronto that was so successful, the city shut it down to reduce traffic congestion.

A car wash..... no not yet , no laughing

This a drive-thru staffed car wash ...

A combination car wash - wet T-Shirt contest- strip show.

I forget just where..
it was shut so fast I never got there.

I have floated the idea to a few here but so far nobody has taken it up.

Given the girls' willingness here to parade themselves - the staffing shouldn't be a problem
Toronto was reduced to stripper types (I expect) who weren't too good at washing cars

The traffic after bar closing was so congested on weekends that business was shut by the authorities.

I admit...
it doesn't fit many of the criteria offered here by those smarter than I am... but...

It's almost a guaranteed success.....

Here's a sampling of prior businesses------

https://www.google.com.do/search?q=...rome..69i57.9532j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I could be the first customer

Beat the Heat

Bikini Car Wash

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
nah, thought came to mind while riding the train.......... you do remember trainman33? LOL

better safe than sorry, yes?
Speaking of the trainman33 fiasco, he got married again to another Domninican and brought her to the states.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Just a thought.
Russell

there are certain businesses that are money makers, but not all of them are to be considered by foreigners. somehow, i would not put funeral parlor high on my list of prospects if i was in a foreign land..

rromero26

Mar 9, 2018
Hi there, quick question, as a US citizen (gringo) can i start a small business in the mall without having to go through the residency process first? i was thinking a video game hangout.. not serious income but something to keep me busy... thank you

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hi there, quick question, as a US citizen (gringo) can i start a small business in the mall without having to go through the residency process first? i was thinking a video game hangout.. not serious income but something to keep me busy... thank you
Who will run it when you're out of the country, as required by law?

rromero26

Mar 9, 2018
I could shut it down for the two weeks that i would be out.. if that.. I married a DR girl and we travel but i know that i dont gain immediate residency upon marriage.. i have to go through the process... otherwise i could leave someone in charge... i have no business in the USA anymore as my parents have passed away, i work in corporate america in the USA until recently and trying to figure out a way to escape the corporate plantation. question is, is there any issues with me starting a mostly cash business in the mall? as a non resident? I met a romanian and nigerian who opened businesses at bella terra and plaza internacional in santiago and they didnt even speak spanish.. so i doubt they had their residency.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hang on until ,you get the residency...

there may be a few other hurdles too.

Cash business is cash business.... needs attention