Butcher - POP /SOSUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Anyone know where there is a good butcher. Every referral has been the groery store. And i'm looking for some Tenderloin Steaks. ( this is a reach,possibly one that is able to do specialty cuts with chicken, Looking for what is a supreme chicken breast , boneless breast- thin layer of skin and the wing bone attached) . The Tenderloin any suggestions recommendations?

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
Anyone know where there is a good butcher. Every referral has been the groery store. And i'm looking for some Tenderloin Steaks. ( this is a reach,possibly one that is able to do specialty cuts with chicken, Looking for what is a supreme chicken breast , boneless breast- thin layer of skin and the wing bone attached) . The Tenderloin any suggestions recommendations?
great german butcher on hwy 5 sousa . right at the entrance to sousa ocean village. he has marinated tenderloin pieces and makes a lot of his own stuff . really reasonable

Aug 21, 2007
Must go to Santiago to Nacional. At their meat counter, the meat is cut just like you want it. There are several qualities from which to choose. We do not buy our beef any other place. As for chicken, if you go to the new Supermercado in Sabaneta, their butchers are great. They will cut the chicken and pork just as you want it.

I like the German butcher in Sosua, but have never asked him to do anything special or different for me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
great german butcher on hwy 5 sousa . right at the entrance to sousa ocean village. he has marinated tenderloin pieces and makes a lot of his own stuff . really reasonable
Tell me he's got head cheese and sausages!

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
perfect , just looking for 6-8 oz tenderloin steaks. thanks all

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Tell me he's got head cheese and sausages!
Last year had head cheese european style (like chunks of meat I think pork in a gelatine) and also dried sausages spicy or ordinary.
All very good, never look at price just bought what was available. Also has liverwurst sells in tube like thing.

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Last year had head cheese european style (like chunks of meat I think pork in a gelatine) and also dried sausages spicy or ordinary.
All very good, never look at price just bought what was available. Also has liverwurst sells in tube like thing.
Please start you own thread. Stop hijacking , this was a simple request for a buthcer and tenderloin steaks . No one asked , I did not ask about cheese and sausages,SMH...... I prefer milk and patties. LOL

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
perfect , just looking for 6-8 oz tenderloin steaks. thanks all
You won’t get tenderloins steaks from him…you will chunks of tenderloin pieces…don’t offend the German temperamental when you tell him that’s not steak ..

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
You won’t get tenderloins steaks from him…you will chunks of tenderloin pieces…don’t offend the German temperamental when you tell him that’s not steak ..
Thanks for the info , I can live with that. As I'd prefer small portions

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Thanks for the info , I can live with that. As I'd prefer small portions
They are delicious and if cooked right are as soft as butter. I buy them from the German butcher all the all the time and for the quality of the meat, considering they age the meat properly, the price is very reasonable. Just for your info, I pan fry them for a couple of minutes either side then put them in a hot oven for 6-8 minutes max. In my opinion (and as you probably know, people have VERY different opinions on this site) their meats, sausages and cold cuts are the best in the area. Try them and you can decide if they are for you.

Reactions: Conchman

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
In Sto Dom.... Nello's Carnes Selectas..... excellent steaks and meat....

Worth a visit if you go to SD
Thank you but........While on vacation ? Drive to Santo Domingo to get steaks? coming from north america Last thing I want to see is a city? Makes me glad I did not ask about pizza , I might here try Papa John's in Punta cana. ;):):sneaky:

Reactions: jfk-tampa

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
Thank you but........While on vacation ? Drive to Santo Domingo to get steaks? coming from north america Last thing I want to see is a city? Makes me glad I did not ask about pizza , I might here try Papa John's in Punta cana. ;):):sneaky:
had a pizza at coconuts at hideaway beach and it was the best i have had on the north coast . ceiba is also good

• Haha
Reactions: Lou2100
Status
Not open for further replies.