Buying a Home in the DR!! Yee Haw!

EncoreFun

Dec 23, 2005
They all look good

Bavaro, Santo Domingo ,Cabarete and Sosua and PP and now I want to see 'vista del caribe'. I can now see that it will be much better to come on a 3 week search and seek mission before I lay out the coin- or like most suggest LIVE here first. The more rocks I turn over the more questions I have- isn't that always the case. I'm noticing that most DR real estate sites don't list maintenance fees? Allot of these sites have out dated properties listed. Some of these Sites show the same Apartment 3 times with different prices?
I came across one Apartment that is selling for around(150,000US) and listed maintenance fees of $275 a month, and another in the same price range at $85 a month(im assuming that's Dollars) water, security, and pool maintenance. I also noticed that Condo fees are NOT figured out per square foot- or in the DR's case per Square meter.

I also haven't been able to ascertain is over all utility costs, phone, cable, Gas, electricity? Someone must have a 'ballpark' figure of what it costs per month to run there home. Obviously the more electricity you use the higher your bill. Can anyone give me ballpark of their utility costs?

That apartment that Rellocks and Jack told me about looks Good.

EncoreFun

Dec 23, 2005
Still looking for a Ballpark on Utility Costs

Still looking for a Ballpark on Utility Costs

BUMP.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
EncoreFun said:
... what's this about Dying in the DR?? Can you send me a link to the thread?
As long as they "send me home to Mother in a Cardboard Box" .
When I originally made my post, I was joking about another thread.

This morning I found out about the parents of woman that works in my office. They were vacationing in the DR and her father had a fatal heart attack. She is currently trying to get the body sent back to the Ukraine (that's where he is from) and she is amazed at the additional fees people keep adding on. Every time she speaks to someone else, purportedly from the Dominican government, they tell her she needs to pay a fee. She's been trying to get the body for over a week.

It sounds like even in death you need to bribe someone in the DR.

intellivoip

Sep 15, 2005
www.worldline.ca
I have some good friends that can help you with real estate if you are looking to buy in the Playa Dorta area. We just opened a call center and are renting a place, we plan to purchase in the future and have met a developer through a great trusted contact in the DR. Let me know if you wish to have more information.

mb - ontario, canada