Bye Bye Isabel! Where Are You Headed Next?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Isabel is no match for us!

kjdrga said:
Unlike the DR where hurricanes bring people together to eat and play dominioes and cards, we passed this sucker pretty bored and took the time to clean part of the house.
Hey Kalima, we're just down the road from you. So come on over for dominos and cards! Geez, you have to wait for an invitation??? Have you forgotten your Dominican experience already? lol
Regards,
Keith

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Geez didn't realize you were so close Keith, you either have power or are using a laptop. I'm making a locrio de pollo y puerco at the moment, we have water back which will be nice to take a HOT shower, some things that were always a lot more work in the DR.

We have the brugal and Brugal Dominos!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Kalima,
We never lost our power for more than a minute or two (Thank God!). The water was out until this evening, now back, but pressure seems weak and we're advised to keep boiling it.

This was so much easier than my Georges experience in SD!

We do live close by, tucked between Alexandria & Springfield, although our church & supermarket & piano lessons & Boy Scouts etc etc is all in Annandale. So let's get together for those dominos! Mind if I bring Barcelo Imperial instead of Brugal? ;)

Hey Tom (XR), I did mean domino & cards, which is what Kalima mentioned. But hey, I am only to happy to bring the Barcelo Imperial. I'd even bring my stash of Presidente if I had any left, but sadly, do not.:cry: Want to send me some Fed-Ex? ;) :laugh:

Best Regards,
Keith

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
How about EPS? PM me the adress. You will owe me a couple of bottles of Andre Champagne (which has disappeared down here) on your next visit. But I'll even split that with you on the beach in Cabarete.

Tom (aka XR)

owdumlad

Mar 31, 2003
<b> Isabel</b> came through Ontario like a wet rag last Friday .... we just got some rain and a few gusts of wind but nothing like some of our panicky weather people suggested might happen.
I was down in North Carolina in 1996 when hurricane Bertha hit Wilmington and came up the Eastern coast. So I've seen the damage that they leave in their trail. Not a pretty sight .