Cabarete Medical center

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks for the answer... I disagree with your relevance comment as we have expectations from our origin country and sometimes react or expect the same here .........

Anyone who travels to another country, especially a "developing nation" like the DR, and expects things to be similar to their home country probably did not do well in school. Either that or that person lived their entire life in Kansas.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Getting back to the original post I took our housekeeper's daughter there yesterday. She saw the doctor (peds) for a consult that was pretty through with lots of appropriate questions, and a thorough exam. This took about 30 mins. Appropriate tests were ordered and meds written for. A good job. Oh and my cost about 1500 pesos.
Try doing that for less then $40 in the states.
A good experience.

Bob K

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I had a similar experience with my 3 year old. He had chest congestion, took him there , he was Xrayed, Blood tested and diagnosed within 30 minutes or so also and was scripted Anitbiotic injections and some oral medicines for 5 days to avoid internment. He cleared up within 3 (and we did complete the Antibiotics). I paid the same cost for all as well(1500 Pesos)
Health care is reasonable cost here as long as doctors are paid reasonable salaries. And the education costs for those doctors are also reasonable. I really like the center.
They could use a good cafeteria.

I was talking to a friend of mine in Miami that is married to a Dominicana and living there. They are planning a child. He was telling me that he has to first upgrade his health insurance by adding Maternity Insurance , cost $300 / month and cannot have a baby for at least 15 months or the insurance doesnt cover and that even then he has a deductible of $3600. So assuming he had a baby at 16 months It would cost him about $8400 or RD$320,000
All included at CMC (cesarian) is RD$70,000 and cheaper at some of the others in POP.
They are considering having the baby here.
Maybe thats a new Industry for the DR ?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
I never had pleasant experience in CMC. May be i was unlucky, but when i had tracheitis they said its grippe, when i went to dermatologist they said i have allergy (without making allergotests of course and i know it is not allergy), when i went to gyno he could not say why my period is not coming, when i had an accident and broke my dorsal vertebra (spine bone) they didnt diagnose it and i found it out 2 months later when i went to Ukraine and had my spine bone examined properly. So now im in bad pain, probably because i didnt know i had to stay in bed instead of traveling so far. Oh well...