Cabarete - prostitution & romance...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Emma21, you will be pleased to know that Cabarete Politur have stepped up the protection level ;) 'Expres? que en Cabarete se realiza un patrullaje permanente por las ?reas donde proliferan las famosas trabajadoras sexuales que aunque tengan todo el derecho de realizar su trabajo, no se le puede permitir atosigar a los turistas extranjeros'............
Sosua Online

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Emma, please post your thoughts AFTER you have been here. As someone who lives in Cabarete I do not think there is a major problem. If you are looking for prostitution, drugs, or whatever yes you can find it as in most places in any country. However if you are looking to "just enjoy your vacation" that is exactly what you can do here without being harassed. Should someone approach you, a 'no gracias' will almost always suffice. Sosua, about 15 minutes away has a very diif't vibe that comes closer to your stereotype vision.

Again, please come back and let us know what you think. Seeing the community thru other's eyes helps us keep our perspective.

Reactions: FernieBee

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
Thank you for the restaurant recommendations everyone. Off on Monday and I can't wait!

CFA 123 - I will definitely post back after the trip. I apologise if I've caused any offence with the questions asked and stereotypes suggested, I've obviously been reading too much!

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
Hi Emma,

I have been going to Cabarete now for 3 years and never have seen what looks like a hooker, however, there are lovely girls everywhere, so who knows who is working and not working. Do not fear that at all.

Beside where I stay, there is a very very romatic restaurant which has become our big time favorite and its called Embocca. I would strongly suggest that you check it out especially if the other restaurants mentioned are busy.

Have a fabulous vacation.

*smiles* Monica

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
That's great - thank you!

I will make a note of these suggestions and hopefully check them out within the first few days so we can get something booked.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
That's great - thank you!

I will make a note of these suggestions and hopefully check them out within the first few days so we can get something booked.

Emma,

First, a belated welcome to DR1!

You should be fine. Cabarete is a fun little town to be in. My only advice would be to check out some of the surrounding areas during your week in the country. Here's a great link to help you learn more about some of the nearby attractions.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua.html?highlight=bored+sosua

Hope you have fun,

DRob:glasses:

Mar 2, 2008
"different vibe but many more working girls that are much more noticeable at night!"

Okay, hold on a minute. Let me make sure I've got this right. Are you guys saying all I have to do is pay to have sex with a girl???

You mean I don't have to buy flowers, dress to the nines, present her with a corsage and her mom with a gift, impress her friends with the gold Rolex and new jeepita, meet and greet her papi with a regalo, go to an expensive restaurant, order the most expensive dish on the menu after 4 Dom Perignon champaign cocktails, take her dancing at 'the club' of the month after dinner, and then promise to call every chance I get, and tell her I'll still respect her in the morning, just to have sex?

Are you freaking kidding me?

What in the world will they think of next?

Agpilot

Jun 6, 2008
All these people are a little harsh on Emma!
Im sure your boyfriend wont even notice them!

I would recommend Papi?s restaurant for lobster and shrimps on Val day.
Its on the beach, beautiful lighting, and setting and the food is fantastic!

Im assuming you haven?t been before?
If you have been to the DR North coast before ? I once took my girlfriend to Playa Burgentine for Val day. We had the locals build a bonfire and cook lobster for us. We were the only gringos there at the time and it was beautiful!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!

Yes , I had a great dinner last week at famous Papi;s one small beer 215 Pesos,-- lousy small shrimp and dry lobster, and a waiter figured it all out on an electronic calculator in less then half an hour-----never ever again.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
OH LA VACHE is not romantic but has awesome pizza and food! My last trip to Sosua was 4 days and 3 nights of it, i ate there...the pizza is that good

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
anywhere is romantic if you only have eyes for your partner ..and not how much topping is on your pizza ......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.