Café Santo Domingo (The Coffee Shops)

How would you rate Café Santo Domingo (the coffee shops, not the coffee brand)?

• Total voters

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I have actually been to one of those coffee shops and it's good. Good service, good coffee, good snacks and pastries.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Just had a cup of Coffee at Café' Juan Valdez in Oranjestad, Aruba. Would rate the coffee good, nothing memorable about it besides a pleasant after taste. A pound of Santo Domingo Coffee at the market is $6.99US; a cup at C J V $2.75US.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I posted a new thread within the "Off Topic" section of this forum, with a reference to this thread. I was originally going to write a posting here regarding an observation that was made, but I saw in advance how it could possibly be twisted into seventeen alternate directions, and I did not want to deviate from the topic at hand. Please take the time to review the other posting, and submit your viewpoint, if you so wish.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are correct. The Dominican coffee crop is still 2-3 years from getting back to normal. The quality so far has not been that good. As a result, the DR is a net importer of coffee.

I remember reading many a post ago about the "rust disease" and how it has impacted the
coffee industry here in the DR. Didn't bother looking but if my memory serves me correct, you
grow or understand much about the coffee grown here on the island. I also believe I read somewhere
Santo Domingo coffee is actually a blend of different coffees depending solely on what is available
at that particular point in time? I gave it an "OK" on the poll.