Call from Haiti.......re Immigration Canada

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
OH! Congrats to you too todiscover!!!

Everyone on the waiting list is disappearing slowly but surely!

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for the best wishes. We dropped the passport off at the embassy on Monday morning. The lady took it, put it in a plain envelope and asked for contact phone numbers. She said we would receive it back in approximately 3 weeks. We?re also really glad we don?t have to deal with waiting for an interview.

I just wanted to add, I think we did a good job filling out the forms, like everybody else, we were never asked to send in any more information or to redo anything, but it?s worth noting that we sent in very few pictures, 8 or 10 I think, no phone bills, no plane tickets, no receipts, just a letter from each of us explaining our relationship. So for anybody who?s nervous because they don?t have as much as someone else, apparently it doesn?t always make a difference.

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Congrads to everyone who got the call and now waiting patiently for the visa's. It's really awesome news to hear cause that mean's they are working hard on our applications. Hope all goes well for the rest of us. Pray everyday.
Boogirl

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Just wanted to say that my husband got the call to pick up his passport. We?re going to get it on Monday, at 2pm. We?ve booked our flight to go back to Canada, and I?ll post our completed timeline when we?re home. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Candy Girl

Apr 21, 2008
Congratulations to everyone who is getting the call and getting their visas finally! You have all worked really hard and have been through a lot, but the end result will definately be worth it!

Santos that is exciting that your husband has his passport and you have got the tickets back home.

Todiscover - I hope you and your husband get it quickly! its nice to visit the Dominican but it will be nice to finally be together as husband/wife all the time eh!

:)

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Just wanted to say that my husband got the call to pick up his passport. We?re going to get it on Monday, at 2pm. We?ve booked our flight to go back to Canada, and I?ll post our completed timeline when we?re home. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Santos:

I am curious to find out if your status has changed on the CIC services from In process to Decision made.

We handed all our documents in and originals for my husbands daughter the first week of march and are just waiting to hear as well for her visa. I keep looking to see if the decision has been made, but no changes.

Just wondering if the site has changed for you. Congrats once again!

thanks
Sandy

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Hi Sandy,
We got the call friday to pick up the passport, and when i checked the status yesterday it was stiill in process, however today it says decision made, medicals received and they will call us with their decision.