Can someone tell me?

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
How is the DR at Christmas, or is it better for me to wait and travel there in January? When traveling I like to go to various Cities in the DR. Is Christmas time just too hectic to meet locals, after all there will be a lot of family members returning home. Will it be to dangerous traveling in a rental car do to the heavy traffic, is January better? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Christmas is crazy

It is an intense family time with parties until all hours. Most of the factories are closed, the schools and universities are closed and it is party time! Fireworks at all hours of the day and night.

Food, oh God! what food!.. Roast pig, Moro, salads, and more roast pig.

And booze, almost non-stop booze.

Evryone has money intheir pockets and they are out to spend it.

In January, things are quieter, everyone has gone back to work to pay off all the Christmess debts.

If you know anyone here in the Dr I think you would have a blast. Bring a few gifts for "anyone" (you know, something nice and generic), just n case you are invited to a Christmas Eve party...

Now, if you don't have any friends here, then January, after the 15th, would be a lot better.

Just my 2?

HB :D

curiouscat

Oct 18, 2004
I don't know what Moro is, so I did a Yahoo search ... is it a blood orange?

Roast pig ... my mouth is watering now :) My Dad's friend, a butcher, stuffs the pig's belly with his homemade sausages.

Have a great Christmas everyone! Wish I could be in DR to celebrate!

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Thanks Hillbilly

I do know some people living there, but I'm not sure I can call them friends just yet. I have always loved traveling to the DR, but when I do travel, I travel alone. I Just what to enjoy Christmas and feel safe.

Thanks
Rick