Canadian girl dating a dominican in Puerto Rico

Jan 5, 2006
So what's your point Leona? Doesn't infidelity and divorce happen in every country in the world? Or are we to believe that this is something that is totally confined to Dominicans?

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
What worked for me

I thought I'd just share a little something that has worked for me.

I once noticed that men do comment on other men's behavior. And it can be telling. That said, do not grill him. Don't ask a question. If his friends' habits coe up in conversation, pay close attention to any comment out of his mouth. He may say that men are just that way.

Also, get talking about his parents. Again, do not ask directly. Pay attention to any comments he makes defending his cheating father, for example. He may say that his father was henpecked at home, so it was mom's fault.

Now, after a few weeks of listening to his replies, substitute his name for MEN or MAN:

"Men are (I AM ) just that way."

or
It was her fault he cheated = It will be your fault when I cheat.

What is amazing is that many men will say flat out that it is wrong to cheat, and that they do not cheat.

But if you follow my advice, you may hear something different.

I am not calling anyone a liar here. Remember, we are all full of contradictions - they make us complicated and interesting characters, not evil liars.

Good luck!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
leona said:
I am a canadian girl dating a dominican that lives in Puerto Rico, where I will soon be moving to. Our relationship is excellent, I have never been so happy in my life. We are both financially well off, by no means rich but we are doing well. Everything seems to be going well but I have serious concerns about the way that all of his friends treat their wives and girlfriends. They all cheat on them and I know of one who has had children outside of his marriage. These are all intelligent well to do people not "chopos" as you say. Am I kidding myself to think that this guy is going to be faithful? It's wrong to say that all dominican men are like that because I know that's not case because I have male dominican friends that are good guys. Anyway I need advice because this relationship is getting serious and I can't get this insecurity out of my head. I have no way of knowing if he will or won't but I'm afraid to let this become more serious because of this fact. I can't just relax and enjoy our relationship... Besides this fact everything else is going great with us.

-In need of advice
Leona How long do you know this guy for?

you usually can tell what kind of a man you have by your side by observing him closely.

Pay attention to his eyes when around an attractive female....Do they wander much? But just make sure you check him out without giving yourself away.
One quick split second of looking at a person that is passing by or is entering the room is acceptable but if he is checking her out more than once as well as staring at her when he thinks you are not paying attn, you know that he is just undressing her.

When in the mall inside a store....If there are women around or passing by, notice if he always tries to get behind you or on your blind sides. This is done very respectfully by men so that they can check out the goods around without their women finding out. The shifting to your blind sides will happen as soon as his eyes comes in contact with her. Just observ these shifting behaviours without letting him know that you are aware of what he is doing, don't even look at him beacause he is gonna first be checking you out to make sure that it is safe for him look.

See if he is lovable with you even when around other very attractive females
or does he tries to pull away?

Is he the club addict type? and if he is, does he always tries to take you with him or not? Usually a cheater most likely will always want to go alone.

Take notes on how many times and which days he goes and how long and how late he comes back.

Take notes of supposedly wrong telephone numbers coming in.....Most of the time this is a code from the other woman to come see him outside their normal days and time meetings. See how long does it takes him to fabricate a lie about having to go somewhere or most likely he is gonna try to use the phone the minute you turn your back...If he is the cheating type, I can almost guarantee you that you will find him on the phone the minute you make him think that you are going to take a shower....Just make sure that you turn on the shower because he is gonna be outside the door making sure that you jump right inside.

By observing these behaviours you will be able to make a better sound judgement.

Other than that, you will go blindly marrying this guy and it will just be gamble in life that we all go through.

Last edited:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Mr_DR said:
Leona How long do you know this guy for?

you usually can tell what kind of a man you have by your side by observing him closely.

Pay attention to his eyes when around an attractive female....Do they wander much? But just make sure you check him out without giving yourself away.
One quick split second of looking at a person that is passing by or is entering the room is acceptable but if he is checking her out more than once as well as staring at her when he thinks you are not paying attn, you know that he is just undressing her.

When in the mall inside a store....If there are women around or passing by, notice if he always tries to get behind you or on your blind sides. This is done very respectfully by men so that they can check out the goods around without their women finding out. The shifting to your blind sides will happen as soon as his eyes comes in contact with her. Just observ these shifting behaviours without letting him know that you are aware of what he is doing, don't even look at him beacause he is gonna first be checking you out to make sure that it is safe for him look.

Is he the club addict type? and if he is, does he always tries to take you with him or not? Usually a cheater most likely will always want to go alone.

Take notes on how many times and which days he goes and how long and how late he comes back.

Take notes of supposedly wrong telephone numbers coming in.....Most of the time this is a code from the other woman to come see him outside their normal days and time meetings. See how long does it takes him to fabricate a lie about having to go somewhere or most likely he is gonna try to use the phone the minute you turn your back...If he is the cheating type, I can almost guarantee you that you will find him on the phone the minute you make him think that you are going to take a shower....Just make sure that you turn on the shower because he is gonna be outside the door making sure that you jump right inside.

By observing these behaviours you will be able to make a better sound judgement.

Other than that, you will go blindly marrying this guy and it will just be gamble in life that we all go through.

Very true! Good points! :classic:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Very true! Good points! :classic:
I appologize to all of you guys for telling on our secrets.

Now we will just have to work on other strategies.....lol

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Mr_DR said:

Very true. :)

I will admit, I did use the shopping mall tactic. It's too dangerous! ;)

Have a good day!

Erin24

Jan 9, 2006
wow

I admit, I have fallen for a guy who lives in punta cana, we talk on the phone quite a bit, but ya you do have to wonder if the morals are there. As i was at a resort in punta cana, and this one animation guy stopped me as i came out of the bano :) in the disco and was trying to kiss me and touch me! he was hot! but he also had a girl friend who worked there, and whenever i brought her name up, (to try to steer him away) he would tell me to marry him and stay in the dominican! so ya some do cheat! it is amazing how they do not worry about it. (the guy i have fallen for is not this guy) hehe
You are so brave to move there for this man, I would be so scared, but what an adventure! go for it! maybe i will do the same haha.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Erin24 said:
I admit, I have fallen for a guy who lives in punta cana, we talk on the phone quite a bit, but ya you do have to wonder if the morals are there. As i was at a resort in punta cana, and this one animation guy stopped me as i came out of the bano :) in the disco and was trying to kiss me and touch me! he was hot! but he also had a girl friend who worked there, and whenever i brought her name up, (to try to steer him away) he would tell me to marry him and stay in the dominican! so ya some do cheat! it is amazing how they do not worry about it. (the guy i have fallen for is not this guy) hehe
You are so brave to move there for this man, I would be so scared, but what an adventure! go for it! maybe i will do the same haha.

Haven't you learned anything from what you have read?

Erin24

Jan 9, 2006
yes

Yes i have learned, i have not said i was going to do this! just a fun thought to think about is all. butt his girl will do as she will please, plus you only live once, i would be too scared though to do it myself

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
stormer said:
Shopping mall tactics????????

Hi there :)

For example, if I see a pretty girl, I will look at her (just like what every other guy would do. lol). And if my date tells me what I am seeing I will say, "Uhhhh,......that store is on sale." ;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Erin24 said:
Yes i have learned, i have not said i was going to do this! just a fun thought to think about is all. butt his girl will do as she will please, plus you only live once, i would be too scared though to do it myself

It sounds like you had a lot of fun in Punta Cana. ;)

Erin24

Jan 9, 2006
I did

I had loads of fun! The men are so funny the way they act. I found it hilarious! sirenis cocotal resort is a fun place to be!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Mr_DR said:

hmmm, these may well be the methods of cheaters, but the 'looking' behavior and 'shopping mall' tactic sounds more like the methods of men to me.

All men love to look at attractive women, it is the nature of the animal when alive and healthy. Here in the Dominican Republic, the women are not only attractive, but downright art pieces. Attached men are discreet for fear of beginning World War IV or simply out of respect for the partner. This respect most likely developed due to World War III sometime in the past.

I'm convinced that the men who don't look at all have been trained to do so. Sad dogs. (other than Miguel, but he's from a different planet anyway ;).

I like the honesty of open appreciation. Beauty is beauty.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Very true. :)

I will admit, I did use the shopping mall tactic. It's too dangerous! ;)

Have a good day!
You have to be very carefull when doing this,

I saw some guy get his face disfigurated because he was not clever enough at it.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
dawnwil said:
I like the honesty of open appreciation. Beauty is beauty.
I am with you dawnwil,

But not every female out there is as understanding as you are.

You are my kinda girl.

Sep 19, 2005
Mr_DR said:

its not all "OUR" secrets......

thats living a life of a lie.....lying to yourself and to your girl. just be open and honest. Women love other beautiful women themselves... dont make them feel worried when you look. You will always like so many things that you dont have or wont have. the bigger house ,the sexier car, the more beautiful woman, or the bigger more handsom man if your a woman. Men go to the strip club not to find a date or get married. Women go to the pickle night male revue when it comes through. The relation ship isnt going to fall apart because of that.

I have an ubelievable beautiful girlfriend....but she knows she isnt the most beautiful woman in the world, and I know i am not the best looking guy even on the street I am walking at the time......those things shouldnt worry a relationship if its solid. Dont start those little fissures that become canyons you cant bridge later on. If you do it own up to it and take the punishment...dont be a big baby about it. If you do it enough , you need to move on anyway.

lessons learned from being older than 25 for a few years

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They say women dress for other women even if they don't admit to it.

Ask a guy what a women wore and he'll say something like;

oh she was hot, she wore this thing down to there and this skirt up to about there, beige or white or something but man was she hot looking. ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
same old stories. i have only read the first page of this thread.
here is my take:
women always want to get married. I think marriage was invented by them. so you want to get married, then go ahead and deal with the consequences later. men only marry if they have to, in order to get action. men stay with women for sex initially, then for obligations later. then you have men like us who don't want to get married at all. So my dear, if you feel you need to get married with a dominican, then go ahead. I am sure he is not better than the next. I say 99% dominicans cheat and seek plaasure outside their home. this is a normal and accepted behavior among dominican men; hell, among all men in the world. American men would also cheat if they could find sexy girls like dominicans who are avilable to them. if the risks are low, I think every man will cheat. hahahahaha.
AZB