Canadian killed in Punta Cana

debinatore

Apr 6, 2006
Actually, they now have a translator. Feel very sorry for these folks that have been back and forth a few times to court in order to see justice done for Jordan. They are not rich people, so a fund has been set up here in order to help with their travel expenses. Excuses like attorney not showing up, defendant not showing, yadda yadda. As far as I know date is still March 12............We`ll see.

Are you sure they now have an actual translator that understand spanish and english fluently? Kudos to the taxi driver, and he's tried real hard to help them but not so sure he actually understands everything himself. And yes the next court date is March 12th.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Are you sure they now have an actual translator that understand spanish and english fluently? Kudos to the taxi driver, and he's tried real hard to help them but not so sure he actually understands everything himself. And yes the next court date is March 12th.

Good question, one that I cannot answer at the moment. Actually a good friend of mine is friends with his brother Mike.
I`ll see what i can find out. Right now, and as far as I know, its the taxi driver that is helping them.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as helpful as on first view the cabby driver's translation attempts sound,
when Court Language is spoken I guess we mostly have trouble to understand every detail right away in a Court running under our own Mothyer's language.
for translations of such complex Case a Translator Fluent in English and Spanish is needed and he/She also needs to have knowledge/Experience about the Courtrooms and their "Languages", otherwise the Family will never know what is really going on.
perfect would be a Local Capital Crime Lawyer who also is fluent in English, but Yes, I know such Lawyer costs sure quiet a bunch of Money and the Victim's Family is no Rich People.

Mike

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Another delay

So, the judge in the Jordan Morrison case has once again postponed trial. It seems as though defense attorneys have not got their $hit together. Poor family that continues to travel to DR to see justice done for their deceased son. When the hell is the judge going to his $hit together and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.:mad:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I wouldn't fault the defense too much here. One of the defendants has ben in jail since his arrest. He certainly is motivated to get this resolved. Even a Dominican prison is better than a Dominican provincial jail. The fault lies with people from Quebec drinking in the same bar as people from Ontario. Eh?

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I wouldn't fault the defense too much here. One of the defendants has ben in jail since his arrest. He certainly is motivated to get this resolved. Even a Dominican prison is better than a Dominican provincial jail. The fault lies with people from Quebec drinking in the same bar as people from Ontario. Eh?

Belmont.....I do not blame defense at all, but I do put the owness on the judge. Seems to me that he has no control over his court room which allows this case to continually be postponed. Defense has had plenty of time to prepare a case for their client, and in my opinion should go forward, no more excuses.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
This trial is now over. According to the CBC one of the guys got 10 years for 2nd degree murder. The other guy was acquitted.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Welcome to the DR justice system. With patience and money, you can accomplish almost anything.

Can anyone say "O.J." and "Judge" Ito???? I'll put THAT cluster fkuc up against anything the D.R. courts have to offer. Wait.. let me turn my hour glass over.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
doing just half time of the sentenced time is typical US american system, not usual procedure in DR, but Yep, If He has some backup money from "Home" he will do much less, but there's still a good chance that he will not survive the first 2 years.

I am still abit confused about some "facts" of the last 2 days, there is a verdict announced, there is a 2nd attacker mentioned "accused of 2nd degree murder after the sentenced guy pleed guilty to have done it alone", there been mentionings of a 3rd guy several times, aside of the others who been just held in Investigational Custody for a short while over a year ago when the Killing happened, and there been "2 Canadians transfered from the Capital to PC Airport today and sent to Canada on a Plane said to be the 2 accused Guys on this Trial".
does anybody have found any Foto of the sentenced Biatch where he get's thrown in Jail? is he really still on the Isle and in a DR Jail?

Mike

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
doing just half time of the sentenced time is typical US american system, not usual procedure in DR, but Yep, If He has some backup money from "Home" he will do much less, but there's still a good chance that he will not survive the first 2 years.

I am still abit confused about some "facts" of the last 2 days, there is a verdict announced, there is a 2nd attacker mentioned "accused of 2nd degree murder after the sentenced guy pleed guilty to have done it alone", there been mentionings of a 3rd guy several times, aside of the others who been just held in Investigational Custody for a short while over a year ago when the Killing happened, and there been "2 Canadians transfered from the Capital to PC Airport today and sent to Canada on a Plane said to be the 2 accused Guys on this Trial".
does anybody have found any Foto of the sentenced Biatch where he get's thrown in Jail? is he really still on the Isle and in a DR Jail?

Mike

Nice to see you back mate!!!!

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I'm not going back to read this entire thread. However, can't the other co-acused be tried in Canada, and if found guilty be sent back to whatever sand box they came from.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks Bronx,
been a while of very busy times, one more trial solving which hopefully is done tomorrow and I will have again all the time of the world to watch da Hurricanes, and right on Time, as we are on that Time again now, lol.

Bryan,
sorrily no sandbox to send the bugger back to, he is the Son of Canadian Immigrants, He counts as a full Canadian Citizen as any other Canadian Citizen, let him serve his 9 years and 364 days in a DR Prison and on that last day get beaten to $ell by an other scumback fighting over a dry piece of fouly Bred.

let's be happy that He got those 10 years,
see it realistically, for a Barfight with a deadly outcome doing so under fully Alcohol Level, in the USA, in Canada, in germany etc He would not even been accused of 2nd degree Murder, never, it would have been a minor Manslaughter thingy, very few years of sentencing and after half of that short Time He would have been out.
I just hope he stays the full Time on da other side of da bars HERE.

Mike

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
WANNA BET THE GUY DOES LESS THAN FIVE???
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

One year in a DR jail is equal to 5 years easy in any Canadian or US jail...

5 years in a DR jail is a lifetime wasted!

10 years is a death sentence... Easy...

Hardly will the Canadian officials even prompt the DR authorities, to ease the sentence later for this guy...

He's looking at 5 years at minimum in a DR jail, like I said, that's pretty much equal to the harshest sentence in a Canadian jail.

His family better keep cash flowing to him to keep him safe while in jail here... A lot of it!