Candelier...dale candela!!!

A

A. Nony Mouse

Re: They know not what they say

Tom. were you in the DR during Trujillo's administration? I was, and had nothing to fear because I am apolitical and don't do crimes or time..

I am surprised that we have not heard from more people living in the Costambar, Puerto Plata, Sosua area. Ask them about Cobra and how he single handedly stopped the rapes, robberies and robbery with rape, torture and murder in Costambar. During home invasions here, the criminals often tie up the victims and torture them to death to reveal where in the house the huge sums of money are hidden. Often there is no money. So sad for the poor criminal. Not so good for the victim who died in vain. If caught should the perps get community service or 10 days in jail?

Let's suppose Tom's mother were the victim and Tom came upon the scene. Would he feel like reading them their rights? To hell with Miranda.

T

Tom

Advocate the return of Trujillo?

Nony

I'm glad you had nothing to "fear" during Trujillo's rule, I'm glad you could demonstrate, say whatever you wished, vote for whomever you wanted, feel you would always receive a fair trial, never worry about warrantless arrests or entry into your home, didn't fear that he would take a "liking" to your daughter and she would disappear etc. Maybe your country would like a return to this type of rule?

Lets try to put this in the perspective of the thread, NOT the way you have twisted it to suit your agenda.

The original thread was about "Police Executions, 500 people killed". These were deaths of criminals ESCAPING, no longer posing an imminent danger. The usual rule for deadly force is : imminent danger for a citizen or Police Officer when no avenue of escape or retreat is viable, a person has committed a violent crime with a firearm and the real possibility the escaping criminal will immediately harm another person, the Officer is placed in a situation where he can not reasonably retreat without injury, NOT SUMMARY EXECUTION when he comes upon a crime or later locates a criminal or in transportation. You and several others have clouded the original issue so much that several different factors are involved, each requiring a decidedly different response.

As for finding my Mother (Who is long since passed, God rest her soul) being "raped", should the perpetrator be present I likely would make an attempt at shooting him as he escaped. Should I find an unarmed person having committed the crime I would like to think I would restrain him until the Police arrived, I don't know and hope I don't face a similar situation. I do beleive that I would not place a gun to an unarmed man's head and pull the trigger, no matter my frustration, at least that is my hope for my own sense of life.

Had this incident occurred while acting as a Police Officer, the person would have been detained and entrusted to the proper authorities for prosecution and adjudication, I am not the Judge nor jury nor to I wish to lower my standards to those of the person who committed the crime.

M

Marilyn

Re: Advocate the return of Trujillo?

I don't think Nony is advocating the return of a dictatorship, neither am I, we just want the return of a life without fear. My family has always lived in Santo Domingo and like Nony says, since my family was apolitical and minded our own business, no one in my family has ever been hurt or incarcerated, even in the Trujillo era. You have a lot of theories on how to handle criminals in the US, you can't apply those theories to criminals in DR. It's like when I was in college in Westchester county, people talked about hunger in Harlem, I was apalled!!! They don't know the meaning of hunger unless you've been to Haiti or to a place in Pedernales called "Las Cuevas" where people (including children) actually live in caves, I've been to both places and nothing in Harlem compares. But I digress, that's the theme of another threat, the point is that you cannot compare the US to DR. Have you ever been in Gualey, los Guandules? nothing compared to urban NY or suburban Maine, trust me.

T

Tom

Please address the issue at hand

Marilyn,

Please excuse my error if this is NOT Nony's statement:

"Tom. were you in the DR during Trujillo's administration? I was, and had nothing to fear because I am apolitical and don't do crimes or time.. "

You want a country wihtout fear, I want a country without fear, I assume we ALL want a country without fear.

Since this thread has begun, you and several others have drifted very far from the original theme: Police shootings of "suspected" criminals" without trial or any form of adjudication. This is the issue I have been addressing and now you have moved on to starving children, Nony has moved to the era of Trujillo. One person even posted about her Grandfather supposedly being killed in the line of duty (I asked that she post his name so that I might acknowledge his sacrifice when i visit the Police memorial, but for some reason she beacame defensive and refused). This thread has become simply a forum for diverse "theories" so far removed from the original that no one knows what it is about!

My answer at its simplest is that I do not believe in the Police becoming Judge Jury and executioner. This was the basis of the thread and my response to it.

If you wish to address issues of hunger, Dictators, pollution etc, please start a thread concerning those issues so that clarity may be preserved

Tom

T

Tom

Only as an example to your comments

Yes I did, in response to your example of living in a crime free repressive society. Did I use these people to discuss anything other than what the issue at hand was?

S

Squat

An answer for Tom, from Squat.

Man, what I am saying is that you reason in a certain way, and people down here, in another... So maybe you think you have all these nice, clean-cut solutions, and people should all be so pure as what you are preaching. But it ain't so here, either you are strong, and people respect you, or you are weak, and people take advantage of you. So when you are a good citizen, you are not suppose to have any problem. But just the same way as a good driver is not suppose to have a car-crash, well sometimes, good citizens have problems with bad cops ! It happens ! But it is not a valid excuse to weaken a whole system. I am not telling you that because I am some kind of a "wright-wing" fanatic, but I am just a common-sense person. Take it easy.

C

CES

Re: Estimada Marilyn

>>> "...we are dealing with drug addict criminals returning from Washington Heights where they were trained by real criminals from the Colombian cartel or the Jamaican drug lords, and you want leniency for those people?. . ." <<<

"Drug addict criminals" pretty much covers it, street garbage and gang members deported from the "US" are probably responsible for the majority of the VIOLENT crimes against individuals in Santo Domingo. These low lives are totally lost in a civil society. "Drug rehab" in the DR, for-GET-it, their way of living is engraved in their every day existence. "A heavy (strong) hand", "a big stick" or brut force is all that these suckers' understand. The "live or die" mentality is how they see the world.

As a little side bar let me mention the Mexican gang culture in southern California (Dr. ECH could back me up on this). An "Old Goat" is a "gang bang'er" that lives pasta certain age, say 25 to 30 years old. Why is he an "old goat", you may ask? Because the rest of his age group has been killed off in the pursuit of gang related activities, that's why. And the BAD news is "dees yu'ts" are fourth and maybe fifth generation gang members, hell' their grandparents started the tradition, you know the "home boy thing". The "GOOD"(sic) news is LAPD and law enforcement in general in Calif. have spent tens of millions, and if you figure in the costs of incarceration, 100s of millions of $$$$$$$$$$ trying to deal with the problem.

So what to do? Suspend ALL CIVIL RIGHTS and use the "Big Stick", that'll teach them a lesson, look how good it's worked in LA and New York! Approximately sixty years of dealing with the same problem and no success! Or put some international pressure on the Mej?a regime demanding an improvement in controlling an out of control situation. I think that once it's understood the "cash cow" of international tourism could possibly go dry then things might change. The "head agronomist" and "el general Jefe" better damn well get it through their collective "pea sized brains" that it only takes so much violence before the citizens of a nation, of any nation will eventually rebel, ask those sorry sacks of caca' "the ghost of Trujillo" and Balaguer. IMHO . . .

Regards,

. . . CES

Click on link to view quoted message: > > >