Cannot complete citizenship

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
The marriaGE CERTIFICATE is Dominican , correct. You didn't ask why. Certainly they never asked me, but then again my wife was with me for all processes and she can out lawyer most lawyers.

Good news. They asked us to be there at 12:00 today so we showed up early . The lady saw us and came right over with our file. She told us we just had too pay the 5000 rd and the ceremony would be the last Thursday in April. We asked her about the photos. She gave us an apology for that. She did not realize how long we are married. There was one thing that was confusing when I asked about birth certificate and cedula. She said I would have my birth certificate that day of the ceremony from them. I would only then need to go Junta for cedula. We spent just 15 minutes to do every thing today.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
Not yet, they said 30 days, so the 23rd of March but we'll check next week. I didn't want to pay the VIP and stay another day in Santo Domingo to get the BC and Cedula when I can do the process here in Jarabacoa. I hope there are no problems but they haven't contacted us asking for anything else so here I wait with crossed fingers. The woman that is in charge of the JCE in Jarabacoa is a good friend of my wifes and half the people working there are also clients so they will work with us and not against us.

Hi Bob
just a quick question about birth certificate. You mentioned VIP service one day. Do think if my ceremony is on Thursday that I will be able to get my birth certificate by Friday and then get my cedual on Friday. The reason for asking this is I will be traveling back to States on Sunday and will not be back until later in the year. Or will I have to just wait to do this when returning later this year.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Cedula takes longer

From my own experience, and we tried to do the quickest route.

Right after ceremony ask your lawyer to make a letter to Junta Central requesting your change of cedula status and CERTIFICATION OF IDENTIFICATION. The last is needed to at least get your passport requested the same day which you could then pick up next day in the afternoon. The first one takes 24 hours with VIP and authorization from the Director.

Cedula takes around three weeks as they need to change everything in the system and can then be picked up anywhere one show as completed in their system, you can probably even pick it up in the DR Embassy of your home country.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bob
just a quick question about birth certificate. You mentioned VIP service one day. Do think if my ceremony is on Thursday that I will be able to get my birth certificate by Friday and then get my cedual on Friday. The reason for asking this is I will be traveling back to States on Sunday and will not be back until later in the year. Or will I have to just wait to do this when returning later this year.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
From my own experience, and we tried to do the quickest route.

Right after ceremony ask your lawyer to make a letter to Junta Central requesting your change of cedula status and CERTIFICATION OF IDENTIFICATION. The last is needed to at least get your passport requested the same day which you could then pick up next day in the afternoon. The first one takes 24 hours with VIP and authorization from the Director.

Cedula takes around three weeks as they need to change everything in the system and can then be picked up anywhere one show as completed in their system, you can probably even pick it up in the DR Embassy of your home country.

Hope this helps.

ok thanks. I have not been working with lawyer but my wife's brother is a lawyer. He did the process to get her name changed. She wanted to get her first name changed and that took over 2 years and lots of paperwork. I am sure he will know what to do for my case.Do you know what the cost will be for passport?

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I have just spoken with Consulado General de la República Dominicana in Miami. They have informed me that they can issue my birth certificate and possibly my Cedula on the same day if I am there early. We had plan to fly to Fort Lauderdale and spend a night with friends. The cost of the birth certificate there is only $10 US vs 1500 pesos or 4500 pesos for VIP. If I only get my birth certificate that day it is ok. That's because we will be visiting Boston,New York,Washington DC, and Florida during the summer. All 4 places have a council that can issue my Cedula.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I have just spoken with Consulado General de la República Dominicana in Miami. They have informed me that they can issue my birth certificate and possibly my Cedula on the same day if I am there early. We had plan to fly to Fort Lauderdale and spend a night with friends. The cost of the birth certificate there is only $10 US vs 1500 pesos or 4500 pesos for VIP. If I only get my birth certificate that day it is ok. That's because we will be visiting Boston,New York,Washington DC, and Florida during the summer. All 4 places have a council that can issue my Cedula.

Have to make correction to previous post. The council in Miami and other councils can issue my documents but I still need to file paperwork with the Junta here in Santo Domingo before I leave.So I will need to have letter To Junta Central requesting change of cedula status. If any one has a copy of this letter I would appreciate seeing it. Thanks.