Cap Cana problems

Mike3402

May 7, 2009
Mike,
I have seen pics of Cap cana, watched the golf tourney and looked at website and I agree it is a very nice place, but to say that Florida doesn't have comparable places is a little naive. There are several areas in Florida that are just as spectacular, the only difference is people actually don't have to wait over two years for a tiny villa too be built. Not to mention Florida is much easier to travel too, less crime rate, stable government etc....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike,
I have seen pics of Cap cana, watched the golf tourney and looked at website and I agree it is a very nice place, but to say that Florida doesn't have comparable places is a little naive. There are several areas in Florida that are just as spectacular, the only difference is people actually don't have to wait over two years for a tiny villa too be built. Not to mention Florida is much easier to travel too, less crime rate, stable government etc....

sorry buddy,
i ahave to disagree,
even that i like Florida a lot, i spent long times in the US(6-7 years_ and Florida been on many ocassions and also for longer visit time periods a very appreciated destin,
but in case of the crime rate Florida ranges many worlds higher than Cap Cana/Punta Cana.
Florida, even a nice spot to spend time, could not convince me not even a lil bit over a beach spot on the dominican east coast, one of the reasons why i settled after long travels down here in the DR and not in Florida or up in Wyoming(my till #1 spot on the planet, but the financials been the reason to skip) or somewhere on the Asian continent.
and there are huge differences in case of the value.
houses in Florida are built very fast and of course in the usual cheap way,
to do such at Cap Cana we are talking much more bucks, much more.
the same for some other's of the exclusive high end dominican areas.
and we do not have the every year again and again hurricane problem like florida and the american gulf coast has sorrily every year again and again, so our values are much saver and that's one of the several reasons why they are rated much higher than florida.
no bad feelings,
but you are talking 2 very different worlds here.
Mike

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
only down to 425K? I was thinking prices would drop much, much more.. I am waiting for the 370-330 mark, depending on layout, location etc. prior to pulling the trigger.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
I was referencing a post where places whcih sold for 500 are now going for 425. Really not bad of a drop versus the realestate market in the US

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I was referencing a post where places whcih sold for 500 are now going for 425. Really not bad of a drop versus the realestate market in the US

Thanks... I misunderstood....Finally, sellers willing to understand that actual market belongs to buyers.....
Buyer's market.....