Car broken into - large robbery - please be on lookout for items

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Gimme a break

The poor guy's car was broken into and they stole his computer. The same thing happened to me last February, someone broke into my place and stole mine. What's most important to him "I think" and it was to me, is warning others and hoping that it will turn up somewhere. If anyone in the DR has some info., please post it. Otherwise, we know that it could happen "Has happened everywhere on this planet" Quit boring us with the blah blah blah.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Actually!

Eddy said:
The poor guy's car was broken into and they stole his computer. The same thing happened to me last February, someone broke into my place and stole mine. What's most important to him "I think" and it was to me, is warning others and hoping that it will turn up somewhere. If anyone in the DR has some info., please post it. Otherwise, we know that it could happen "Has happened everywhere on this planet" Quit boring us with the blah blah blah.
Well, "the blah blah blah" that I am (me) talking about is that he mentioned that his brother, after having a great time in the DR, "it was his last experience of the DR and the one that he will share in the states". In a way, I just don't want his brother to dismiss the whole country because of what happened.

I guess that I missed the part about "warning others" on his post.

I will say it again, I am sorry that it happened to you guys, I hope that you get your stuff back and IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE WORLD!.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
For whatever it's worth

kkneafsey,

I feel for you, and wish you the best in getting your possessions returned, though I highly doubt that you will. I don't believe that anyone ever "deserves" to be robbed. I do believe that you certainly should have given more thought to the possible consequences of leaving your things in plain sight. But, having done so is not indicative either of a desire to be robbed.

I, too, wish that we lived in a world where you could have left your things on the hood of the car, if you felt like it, knowing that they would be there upon your return. However, we don't. The best thing that you could do at this point is to chalk it up to experience and be far more security conscious in the future. Also, I would not let it ruin my opinion of possible future experiences in the DR because, as you said yourself, outside of this particular experience, you and your brother had a pretty good time.

And, finally, it amazes me how someone who has been victimized and reaches out for help, can somehow be further victimized by claims that he or she deserved it. But, it's probably just further proof, as was mentioned earlier, that these kinds of negative experiences are not exclusive to the DR.

Again, I wish you well.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
kkneafsey said:
I just got heavily robbed (via my car) and wanted to post so people could be on the lookout for the items (and at least not purchase them).

i was parked at the extreme hotel (with a guard) and just checked out of the hotel and went back to the beach. The car was broken into and i had stolen:
1. Dell Laptop m7000
2. IPOD
3. Blue Golf Travel bag (club glove)
4. Dell Laptop (yes a second one)
5. Black kingsenton computer bag
6. Cole Haan brown Leather computer bag
7. Clubs, Talyor made driver, Tommy Armor Irons

I assume the market for these items are the ex pat community. If you see any of these items for sell please dont buy them or better yet turn the guys in.

I would be very willing to pay to get the laptops back as they were for work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Hi ... I am sorry to hear this. Did you make a report at the police station ?

We have a new Coronel in Sosua called Thomas Grullart he is really trying to sort out many problems here but everyone must make a report. He has in his office a crime report sheet in English with the information he needs to try and fight crime here.

I too had a robbery but it was in my home in Sosua where I had everything stolen including my Honda CRV. It was a horrible experience. So I know how you are feeling. Nothing was every recovered and now I have to wait months and loose money on claiming insurance for my car.

Everyone needs to think more about security. Crime is a big business everywhere in the World unfortunatley.

snoops12

Nov 8, 2004
Why the censorship?

I think my point was clear. You do something dumb and you are going to get what you deserve. Who would ever leave something in their car in the country is a moron. I get censored for pointing this out?

What did my post have to do with this guy who basically invited someone in the DR to take his stuff from him? Well, the girl in my story is this guy...someone who is asking for trouble...and then they want people like us (on the DR1 board) to feel sorry for him.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Snoops12

My comments were not meant to censor, but to express my disagreement.

Additionally, this is a perfect example as to why many things don't get resolved because, in this instance, you chose to take my words and twist them and make more out of them than was the intent. At what point in my post do you see censorship used, or even implied? I wholeheartedly agree that you have the right to say whatever it is you feel, as do I have the right to disagree with what is said. I would just hope that in the future you, and others like you, would not take what I say out of context and try and stigmatize it in some way in hopes of mitigating its relevance. I realize that some people like to engage in "bashing" and "flaming" in these threads. I'm not one of those people. I'm here for the informational value, and to try and be of help when and where I can.

It's just disheartening and disillusioning to come to a website such as this with the hope that one will get some assistance and information, and have to deal with some of the rude, crude, and unnecessary comments that I see posted at times. However, you still have that right.

Thanks.

elchin

Jun 21, 2005
For what it is worth...

kkneafsey -- if it is of any help, my sources tell me that the robbery you posted a while back was an inside job. I would try and investigate and see if the hotel will pay you anything. They didnt fire the security guard so they should be held responsible. I wish I could of help getting your stuff back, but it was all sold at pawn shops and to locals. I know this because my cousin owns a pawn shop. Sorry and best of luck in the future.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
elchin said:
kkneafsey -- if it is of any help, my sources tell me that the robbery you posted a while back was an inside job. I would try and investigate and see if the hotel will pay you anything. They didnt fire the security guard so they should be held responsible. I wish I could of help getting your stuff back, but it was all sold at pawn shops and to locals. I know this because my cousin owns a pawn shop. Sorry and best of luck in the future.
Carefull, they could arrest your cousin and make him talk.

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Sad State of Affairs

This is fast becoming a sad, sad message board. No one asked for the advice of you people that have nothing better to do than criticize. He was robbed and just wanted to make it known, that is all. God help the new people on the message board that ask the most of you for advice. Please GET A LIFE!!!!!!