Carnaval Tours Sunday Feb. 25th

karibbeankidd

Oct 5, 2005
There are 2 Carnaval tours on Sunday Feb. 25th leaving from
Santo Domingo and going to La Vega.

Two different companies, and both are available thru TicketExpress -
one leaves at 7:30AM and the other at 10:00AM.

Did anyone use either of these Sunday (Feb. 17th)??
And if so how did it turn out??

Or is anyone going to Carnaval on the 25th with either tour??
(Or with another tour or group ??)

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Santo Domingo Friday the 23rd and
looking for the best way to get to & enjoy Sunday's Carnaval.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks - KaribbeanKidd

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most of us don't do the carnival scene, or, we have been there, done that and do not plan on doing it again....

I do not know if anyone from DR1 would bother to go from Sto Dgo to La Vega or Santiago just for carnival...

But, hey! Go for it. It is a wild day and lots of fun to do it once...just dress appropriately and do not get drunk...

HB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am supposed to be there this coming weekend (if no snow and ice or anything like that happens again ) and might go to the Carnival on Sunday - not sure yet. If I go - it will probably be 10:00 a.m. bus. But it will be my first time - so I cannot be of much help :)

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Don't know if I'm too late but ... Me and a couple of friends took the MR. TOURS tour to the carnaval in feb 2005. It was the next to last sunday that year. We had a blast! Although the trip was geared more for college aged people (we're in our mid 30's to mid 40's), we didnt feel out of place. All the booze you can drink in the bus (motorcoach), free lunch, live music, security and paramedics with you. All for $35 US. Tried to do it last year but my buddies chickened out. Ended up going solo and roaming the Cibao for five days. Went to carnaval on the last sunday and it was still a blast.

E.