Casa de Conductor for Rentals

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
$220 for an suv for eight days is increadibly cheap. Sounds to good to be true.

It is a Hyundia Tuscon, which the rental site lists as a compact SUV. The website rate is indeed $245 per week. Maybe Canadian Bill is getting a little cheaper rate as a frequent renter.

Canadian Bill

Feb 5, 2018
It is a Hyundia Tuscon, which the rental site lists as a compact SUV. The website rate is indeed $245 per week. Maybe Canadian Bill is getting a little cheaper rate as a frequent renter.

I booked it in August...
I travel every March and usually book that far out to get the preferred vehicle and rate.
Still trying to figure out Mar 2019 destination...

Jan 17, 2009
We rented in August and asked about it.  Car rental agency (OK Motors in Sosua) said CdC is only for private cars.  Not available for rentals.

I have never seen the CdC insurance on a rental car contract here and I rent usually twice per year. It is on my personal car insurance and its also on the insurance card I keep in the car.
I agree with Big Bird. It's obviously not something that would be on a rental contract.

Can you imagine the drunken smash up derbys that would happen if you could rent a car, wreck it, then get to stay at a fairly nice place all for under about $60.00 usd.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thank you for clearing that up. That is indeed important info to keep in mind for people who choose to rent a vehicle here. Availability only with private insurance polices makes sense.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Next we need to see if insurance companies will allow that CdC rider on private policies to follow the policy holder to a rental situation.

Canadian Bill

Feb 5, 2018
Hi, my car rental provided this bit of info:
The Fox vehicle provider for this location is AmeriRent

What are they like for rentals?