Cheaper and Faster Internet Available

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
update:
claro cable HD package sucks. you hardly get any HD channels on plan superior HD. In tricom I used to get all HD channels included in my HD package plan but in claro I have to pay for every single channels which are free in tricom. so it seems discovery HD is also in a different premium package. so I am not impressed with claro cable. the HD channels are not even true HD as the video is too compressed to show any real details. the picture degrades even more in fast action scenes.
AZB

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just ordered the 20mb plan with superior HD cable. I don't care about the HD channels, I have a 28" tv and hardly watch anyway, but I do want 20mb internet. I will end up paying 2800 pesos per month instead of 3800 that I was paying for 6 mb Internet plus tv and phone.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Just ordered the 20mb plan with superior HD cable. I don't care about the HD channels, I have a 28" tv and hardly watch anyway, but I do want 20mb internet. I will end up paying 2800 pesos per month instead of 3800 that I was paying for 6 mb Internet plus tv and phone.

3,800, that is what I pay for Claro phone line and 3 MB NO HD in "el monte Higuey".... :( Capital we're coming. 4 month left to go... :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
3,800, that is what I pay for Claro phone line and 3 MB NO HD in "el monte Higuey".... :( Capital we're coming. 4 month left to go... :)

Unlimited calls? I had 800 minutes on the fixed line, and for having multi plan doubling 3 to 6 MB was relatively 'cheap'.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
When you guys upgraded your service, were you forced to enter into a new 18 month contract?

Tricom would only allow me to upgrade if I signed a new contract.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I have not been forced to enter a new contract any time I've changed service. I have Claro though.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
when changing serice at claro the 18 months contract time clocks all over again from the beginning. but such is worldwide not unusual on Postpaid services.
caribmike, while i had that phone here at home at the beginning also unused, it was not even plugged in, it has some nice use. it has many minutes for local landline calls alreday paid by you, so why not use it when calling the bank or a office etc?
and it has foreign call minutes included, i use it for free calls to germany, too. and the vast mayority of minutes, the ones for local phonecalls, can also be used for landbased calls to the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. as i have friends there, we use those already paid/free minutes for our phone chats on that phone now.

Mike

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
when changing serice at claro the 18 months contract time clocks all over again from the beginning. but such is worldwide not unusual on Postpaid services.
caribmike, while i had that phone here at home at the beginning also unused, it was not even plugged in, it has some nice use. it has many minutes for local landline calls alreday paid by you, so why not use it when calling the bank or a office etc?
and it has foreign call minutes included, i use it for free calls to germany, too. and the vast mayority of minutes, the ones for local phonecalls, can also be used for landbased calls to the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. as i have friends there, we use those already paid/free minutes for our phone chats on that phone now.

Mike

Are you sure?

I've changed my plan multiple times since opening the original contract and have never restarted the 18 months.

I confirmed this each time before changing the plan (asking the representative and manager if the contract renews) and after changing the plan (upon my next visit to Claro) by asking how many months are left on my contract.

I did get clarification that if I were to get Multiplan Triple I would start a new contract for TV only (I currently have Multiplan Doble w/ Telephone and Internet).