Chef Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004
Having had my fill of the local cuisine, I opted to give Chef Pepper a try.

Gourmet food and/or fine dining are never requirements when I travel, but a good burger is a welcome respite.

To those on the board who have recommended Chef Pepper, I offer my sincere thanks.

Their Forest Burger is almost perfection (needs more carmelized onions), but I managed to suffer as I enjoyed the best burger I have ever had in the DR.

Again, thanks to those who gave it such great reviews.....I wholeheartedly concur.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think the forest burger is great but had a mushroom burger from Carls jr. this week that is at least as good as the Forest burger.

My sister in law just called to ask what to order for me from Chef Pepper, since I was about to visit my brother in law, I said not to order anything while I won't go, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In Santiago I don't know, in santo Domingo it's on Romulo Betancourt, Gustavo Mejia Ricart, Camino Chiquito and in Agora Mall.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Really?
It wasn't what I had experienced when I went there. The whole experience was not satisfied one. But maybe next time I visit I will try Forest Burger and add mine and my wife's opinion later.

Jan 9, 2004
Where is Chef Pepper? Santiago area I am assuming but, where abouts?

Yes, my experience was at the Santiago location. Av. 27 Febrero not to far from the intersection with Estrella Sadhala.

Forest Burger @ 285 pesos is well worth it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
In Santiago I don't know, in santo Domingo it's on Romulo Betancourt, Gustavo Mejia Ricart, Camino Chiquito and in Agora Mall.

Easy mistake to make but on Av. Sarasota almost at the midpoint between Nunez and Bella Vista mall.
I do prefer the burgers at Carnivoros though. Very nice! Located on Churchill in the plaza where Cinnamon is.

Jan 9, 2004
Really?
It wasn't what I had experienced when I went there. The whole experience was not satisfied one. But maybe next time I visit I will try Forest Burger and add mine and my wife's opinion later.

Just to make sure it was not a fluke....I ate there 3 times during my stay. Each time I ordered the Forest burger (why mess with success), so I cannot speak to any of their other items.

I also got taken to TGIF's. I am not a fan of it in the states....and nothing in the Santiago one changed my mind either.

So Chef Pepper has been added to my personal list of Pasticcio, Max Delicia's, La Comai, Compagna.

Tried to go to Pez Dorado....but services were being held at the Church nearby and there was just nowhere reasonably close by to park.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

May 12, 2005
Just to make sure it was not a fluke....I ate there 3 times during my stay. Each time I ordered the Forest burger (why mess with success), so I cannot speak to any of their other items.

I also got taken to TGIF's. I am not a fan of it in the states....and nothing in the Santiago one changed my mind either.

So Chef Pepper has been added to my personal list of Pasticcio, Max Delicia's, La Comai, Compagna.

Tried to go to Pez Dorado....but services were being held at the Church nearby and there was just nowhere reasonably close by to park.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Max Delicia's one of my favorite spots for lunch. I see that you don't have La Marchena on your list, add it my friend.

Jan 9, 2004
Max Delicia's one of my favorite spots for lunch. I see that you don't have La Marchena on your list, add it my friend.

You must really like it....as you double posted it...lol.

If you like it that much.....can you provide an address and I will give it a try on my next trip back. What type of food do they offer?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Easy mistake to make but on Av. Sarasota almost at the midpoint between Nunez and Bella Vista mall.
I do prefer the burgers at Carnivoros though. Very nice! Located on Churchill in the plaza where Cinnamon is.

You're right ofcourse. It's next to the Body Shop.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes, my experience was at the Santiago location. Av. 27 Febrero not to far from the intersection with Estrella Sadhala.

Forest Burger @ 285 pesos is well worth it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That's really cheap, they are 400 something in santo Domingo.

Jan 9, 2004
That's really cheap, they are 400 something in santo Domingo.

Correction!

The factura lists it at 336.30, plus 51.30 ITBIS....close to the 400 something pesos in SD.

I think the menu may have listed it at 385 pesos...not the 285 that I quoted above.

......And it is still worth it....

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Correction!

The factura lists it at 336.30, plus 51.30 ITBIS....close to the 400 something pesos in SD.

I think the menu may have listed it at 385 pesos...not the 285 that I quoted above.

......And it is still worth it....

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
It is....I think it gets above 400 here, when they charge 'materiales gastables', which they do with take out or delivery orders.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Forthe santiago location, is it at the intersection of estrella and 27th near caribe tour or near the national?? If I remember correctly they cross twice.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.