child support when abroad

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
My friend is not avoiding responsability. He sends money and visits every 6 months mas o meno
He just does not want to have to deal with any legal dominican bull**** processs...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My friend is not avoiding responsability. He sends money and visits every 6 months mas o meno
He just does not want to have to deal with any legal dominican bull**** processs...

Does he still have a relationship with the woman and if not are they still on good terms? If so the chances of any legal issues is probably small. The next time he is in the DR they can go to a lawyer and set up a legal contract if necessary.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Taking care of kids doesn't make you a simp. Says a lot about you and why you'd fit in good in dr

Apr 7, 2014
Taking care of kids doesn't make you a simp. Says a lot about you and why you'd fit in good in dr
Im going to write an anthem for Cap'n Save'ms like you.
The OP said all there is to say about it.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014

If he makes monthly payments, he probably will not deal with any bull. I would think that if he visits every 6 months, he can afford US $500/month for the child. That's enough to raise a single child as long as it's used for that and not hair care, parties, etc. I agree with the forum, take responsibility for your child! Looks like he is doing so, so my respect to him!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
In many cases men where courts are involved in determining child support receive "impedidimiento de salida"
meaning they cannot leave the country while paying child support. I would recommend that your friend not return
unless he is willing to stay until the child is 18 years of age. Yes, child support demand can reach and can be enforced
across borders. Unless he lives in Somalia he may not be able to evade this responsibility.

I don't get this bit, so even if he agrees to pay child support, he can not leave DR until the child is 18... !?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I don't get this bit, so even if he agrees to pay child support, he can not leave DR until the child is 18... !?

I personally, not being a lawyer, can imagine if a guy had run off from paying his support and then came back for a visit to the island and was caught maybe being denied the right to leave. But not just as a matter of course if a person is paying his obligations.
Der Fish