Child visitors visa to the UK

severino

Aug 3, 2009
After being refused the first time, we applied again and my stepson has just received his passport back with a 6 month visitors visa in, so it was second time lucky for us. Now i just need to find him a flight over and them complete the paperwork for the Dominican Embassy, so he should be with us soon.

severino

Aug 3, 2009
Well we made a big mistake the first time! I was so concerned about including all the neccessary paperwork, from this side, such as bank statement, husbands job details etc, that we forgot to include his child's birth certificate, so there was no proof that he was the father!!! Cant believe i did that! First time we applied for a child visit visa, I dont think that was correct either, so this time we applied for the family visit visa, and included his birth certificate, mothers birth certificate and letters form his school.

Reactions: Black Dog

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Well we made a big mistake the first time! I was so concerned about including all the neccessary paperwork, from this side, such as bank statement, husbands job details etc, that we forgot to include his child's birth certificate, so there was no proof that he was the father!!! Cant believe i did that! First time we applied for a child visit visa, I dont think that was correct either, so this time we applied for the family visit visa, and included his birth certificate, mothers birth certificate and letters form his school.

These are the kind of posts that can have a huge benefit to other people. Congrats on the outcome and the post!

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
. Now i just need to find him a flight over and them complete the paperwork for the Dominican Embassy, so he should be with us soon.
As my step son,s were under 18 the only flight we could use when they came here was Air France ,
Virgin and A/A classed them as minors.
FLYING VIA PARIS DE GAULLE
they did not need a transit visa that was 4 years ago, check with airline about transit visa ,
and you will need a scheduled flight he will not be able to get a charter flight

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Hey ConGrats On Your Sons Visa and Thanks for keeping Us Posted
as far as getting to UK
Try The Main Stream Carriers
Air France Via Paris
Air Europa & Iberia Airlines Via Madrid
Cubana Airlines Via Havana

Or if Flying in December Try the Nonstop flight from DR to London on British Airways

Good Luck and keep us posted

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
As for flights you can also do Condor to Frankfurt and they have an agreement with Lufthansa Cityline for connections throughout Europe. No need for a transit visa as long as they don't leave the airport. A friend of mine is heading to Switzerland in October and this was BY FAR the cheapest option. I'm not sure about unaccomanied minor options though...

severino

Aug 3, 2009
Just thought i would update the situation. My stepson arrived on Tuesday. He travelled on Jetairfly to Brussels and my husband went to Brussels to collect him and flew back to the UK with him. He is loving playing with his brothers and sister.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Just thought i would update the situation. My stepson arrived on Tuesday. He travelled on Jetairfly to Brussels and my husband went to Brussels to collect him and flew back to the UK with him. He is loving playing with his brothers and sister.

Thats Great News! How long is he staying?

severino

Aug 3, 2009
He has a 6 months visitors visa, which expires in March 2010, but we will see if he likes it here!