chivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfdog

Oct 9, 2006
Can someone help with chivo. I know it can mean a male goat, cheat sheet, and pimp, among other things. Can it mean a cool or neat parson such as
Que chivo un chico or se hace de chivo loco??

Steve

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
me tiene chivo, me tiene chivo

Can someone help with chivo. I know it can mean a male goat, cheat sheet, and pimp, among other things. Can it mean a cool or neat parson such as
Que chivo un chico or se hace de chivo loco??

Steve

me tiene dudoso, com se dice? skeptical, maybe intrigued.

the second phrase can be used....se hace el chivo loco.......

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Also:
Hacer un chivo = to make an error
meterse de chivo = to enter a place (like a movie house)without paying

cuas

May 29, 2006
chivo=cheating paper for tests.

This bring me old memories when I went to the UASD.
Because the students were failing the CU (Colegio Universitario) was created, Two semester with basic subjects to brush up the students before they can register for their major.
It was a one floor building. In one of the Math finals a student paid a honor Engineer student to stand by the window to copy and solve the test and throw him the "CHIVO" (the profesor used to copy the whole test on the board).
The student was blank waiting for the CHIVO but when the honor student threw the CHIVO it felt closer to the student in front of him. This student picked up the piece of paper, opened it, saw what it was and kept it. The owner of the chivo told him. "It is mine" but he did not care, he kept erasing and changing his answer.
The owner kept saying, "Give it to me, it is mine". The other student was pushing his body forward. Then the owner said "Well copy it and then give it to me", but no answer from the other student. The professor asked them several times, "What is going on?"
At the end when the professor said "Ten more minutes" and the owner saw that the other student was about to leave without giving him the CHIVO, he got up and screamed "QUE ME DE MI CHIVO, TE DIGO". Both of them failed.

Sorry to hijack you thread. I could not resist.

rolfdog

Oct 9, 2006
Thanks all. Its a very versatile word. I'd hear it a lot, but nobody could really explain it. Those definitions make sense now,

Steve

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
As a nickname

One of my husband's cousins has the nickname "chivo". He hates it when people call him that and I've tried to find out why since goat to me doesn't seem like such a bad nickname, although I can't seem to think of a reason for it. Any ideas?

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
One of my husband's cousins has the nickname "chivo". He hates it when people call him that and I've tried to find out why since goat to me doesn't seem like such a bad nickname, although I can't seem to think of a reason for it. Any ideas?

Chivos are not very smart. That could be the case.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Chivo, to get suspicious.

" el hombre se puso chivo". ( the man became suspicious).

chivo was a nickname for Trujillo, because he was always suspicious of everyone around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.