Christmas

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I don't think it is too early for Christmas... we are putting out our decoration too already...

bf2igz.jpg
[/IMG]

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Your best advice is to buy your own things and cook it yourself as even if you find a restaurant that serves what they call Christmas Dinner, believe me, it will not be comparable to what you are use to at home. Also, good luck finding all of your traditional home ingredients.....you won't.
I moved here to get away from all the hustle and bustle of material things in a modern world, and am loving life without any of it, including Holiday traditions. Much simpler life......

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I take it you like your meat very well done then ?......after 3 yrs, it surely would have turned to carbon. So much for the 25mins / Lb + 20 mins for the oven. :cheeky:

I used to think so too. My nieces husband is a chef and owns a rest. He did much of Thanksgiving meal a couple years ago. Did one turkey in the oven and fried one. (I assisted in frying). Most people had some of both---great!! myself and others got their second helping on the fried. Frying keeps the jucies in.
Think I'll get a fryer and set up shop weekends in BC.
Clams, oysters and one other thing I eat RAW. (a different clam). Beef and lamb--med. rare, pork and poultry cooked.

Last edited: