Claro in the US

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
My wife and I live in the DR and have Claro SIM cards in our phones. She is traveling to the US this week. Is there an easy way to use that set-up in the US? Maybe an addition to our Claro plan that makes the phone work in the US? (Last year when I traveled to the US I went to Verizon and purchased a temporary SIM card for my phone). I have read the 2018 threads on this forum and could not figure this out. Thanks for your kind help. Mark

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Do you have Claro Post Paid? Or just the Sim pay as you go? Post Paid has free roaming in the US, the other does not..............

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have Claro post-paid. Fortunately I have a dual sim phone because Claro does not work in Florida

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
Sorry - can you clarify for me. (I think I have pay as you go..) I've only had my Claro for six months so far, and I paid for six months. Just last week I paid for the next six months. Is that Pay as you go? If so, is it easy to change?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have Claro post-paid. Fortunately I have a dual sim phone because Claro does not work in Florida
I have been using Claro in Florida for years with no problems free roaming on Post Paid. There is a hitch though that you need to know. Claro ONLY works on T Mobil. So you need to take your Wifi settings OFF auto roam and search for providers. You will find one of them is T Mobil. Just select that and you are good to go. If you have problems call this no. 1 809 220 6814. I had to call a few years ago and they fixed it immediately......

Reactions: chico bill

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sorry - can you clarify for me. (I think I have pay as you go..) I've only had my Claro for six months so far, and I paid for six months. Just last week I paid for the next six months. Is that Pay as you go? If so, is it easy to change?
Where are you located?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One more thing about Claro Free Roaming, which by the way works in about 30 countries. S. America and Europe among them. When people in the DR call you they MUST put the 1 in front of the your area code..............

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've used Claro roaming in the U.S. You can set it up via their app (mi claro) or call customer service to have it activated.