Claro "Stick"

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just a follow up with some info. I did finally find the 'statistics' info awhile back, it was under "Dial Info". Thought some of you might be interested in this:

I've used the stick daily for two months, on DR1, Facebook, Skype, e-mail, etc., etc. No movies downloaded, but I never do that regardless. Otherwise normal usage. I paid for 5 GB, I've used 2.72 GB so far.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just a follow up with some info. I did finally find the 'statistics' info awhile back, it was under "Dial Info". Thought some of you might be interested in this:

I've used the stick daily for two months, on DR1, Facebook, Skype, e-mail, etc., etc. No movies downloaded, but I never do that regardless. Otherwise normal usage. I paid for 5 GB, I've used 2.72 GB so far.

Thanks for the update. Any idea what is the procedure when you need to add more days and GB?

I tried to purchase the ZTE MF30 modem/router from Claro but the five stores I went to they either never heard of it or didn't have one in stock.

One of the Claro stores I went to was on 30 de Marzo in Santo Domingo centro which is a fairly large store. Would you know the location for another larger Claro store in SD?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have a ZTE MF180 stick, it has been good to me. We got it in San Cristobal.

However, last year, after asking around, we went to the Claro store on Independencia in Gascue. I wish I had the exact cross-street, but neither of us remember. It was on the left side of the street, on a corner, on the close side.

Hope that helps.

As far as 'more days & GB', I'm not sure how that works. My understanding is I can use the stick until I finish the 5 GB, and if I need more I can buy 1 GB, 3GB, etc., depending on my need.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Not difficult:
5GB max 60 days'. After 60 days it's over and you'll have to go to the store.
3GB max 30 days'. After 30 days it's over and you'll have to go to the store.

However if you reach your GB limit, go to the store and renew for another 3/5 GB 30/60 days.

Es facil no?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Not difficult:
5GB max 60 days'. After 60 days it's over and you'll have to go to the store.
3GB max 30 days'. After 30 days it's over and you'll have to go to the store.

However if you reach your GB limit, go to the store and renew for another 3/5 GB 30/60 days.

Es facil no?

All you needed to say was the only way to add additional GB is by going to the store................

Actually the reason I asked is I heard there was a way you can add minutes to the phone number assiociated with the sim card online and there was a way to transfer that credit to the data portion of the sim card.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have a ZTE MF180 stick, it has been good to me. We got it in San Cristobal.

However, last year, after asking around, we went to the Claro store on Independencia in Gascue. I wish I had the exact cross-street, but neither of us remember. It was on the left side of the street, on a corner, on the close side.

Hope that helps.

As far as 'more days & GB', I'm not sure how that works. My understanding is I can use the stick until I finish the 5 GB, and if I need more I can buy 1 GB, 3GB, etc., depending on my need.

AlterEgo the ZTE MF30 is a modem/router where the sim card is installed in the MF30 and you basically end up with your personal Wi-Fi zone. No need to plug the stick into the laptop. By using the MF30 you can connect up to 5 wireless devices.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......................As far as 'more days & GB', I'm not sure how that works. My understanding is I can use the stick until I finish the 5 GB, and if I need more I can buy 1 GB, 3GB, etc., depending on my need.

It's been two months since my initial purchase of the Claro Stick and my time has expired. In order to add addition GB/days it is a lot easier than I thought. There is no need to go to the Claro store to recharge. You simply purchase a Claro Communicard scratch off card and you can recharge online. When the time period expires you are still able to connect to Claro and are provided two minutes to recharge your account and purchase additional time.

If you don't feel like purchasing one of the scratch off cards you can add money to your account using etopuponline or one of the other online top up services. As long as you have money in your account you will be able to purchase additonal GB/days at expiration time.