CMC Cabarete medical center: blood sampling safety issue:

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
You are lucky she at least had gloves on... But back at being serious... I don't think her actions were worse than you going to the bathroom were you handle your wee-wee and just before washing your hands, you scratch you nose, and half an hour later, kiss your favourite neighbour... Just saying... You have to love living dangerously to live in the DR....

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Aren't the gloves for the protection of the person wearing them more so than the person receiving treatment?

novogod

Jun 19, 2018
You are lucky she at least had gloves on... But back at being serious... I don't think her actions were worse than you going to the bathroom were you handle your wee-wee and just before washing your hands, you scratch you nose, and half an hour later, kiss your favourite neighbour... Just saying... You have to love living dangerously to live in the DR....

DR is beautiful country with the beatiful people.

To avoid the atrocities you are telling about the owner of the business should invest time and some pennies to build the correct sequence of the processes. To build the business processing steps.

An example for the lab I discribed earlier in this thread.

I think the best way to behave is to act and share the information and constructive advises.
Not to complaint or offer to let the things be terrible “as-is”.

It depends uniquely of us to make this place live better and secure.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Note to self. Bring extra pair of gloves when going for blood work ........

The first time I went for dental work in DR, I watched her like a hawk, sure I’d find something awry with sterilization, etc. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Nothing filthier than the human bite.... the worst
worse than animals..

A mouth infection can kill fast !!

Not downplaying Novo's blood issues...but the human mouth is BAD

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
THe worst I have seen was for my residency medical.

Nurse had the glove on from the last patient - kept it on for the one after me.
Just one glove with a hole in it.

You know the place - where you can't close the door for urine sample
The sample she collects with that gloved hand

At that display - I winced

Ain't that the truth. When I did my residency blood draw in SD I think I discovered what had become of nurse Ratched.
But if I'm not mistaken I believe they moved the place they took blood? .
Haven't heard much about a dengue outbreak on the North Coast last few years but I had a friend admitted to CMC and felt she got good care.
It was so hot today I think all the mosquitos probably migrated to Jarabacoa.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you are particular about the way something has to be done, it is your responsibility in this country to supervise the work and correct the errant actions before they cause a problem. Doesn't matter if you are supervising a plumber, a builder a nurse or a doctor.

There are very few professional standards in place in the DR and those that do exist are probably not all that well enforced. People get lazy with no supervision, some don't know any better and can't be bothered to educate themselves on the best way to do something and others just don't care enough to do something the correct way.

It's all on you here, novogod.

novogod

Jun 19, 2018
If you are particular about the way something has to be done, it is your responsibility in this country to supervise the work and correct the errant actions before they cause a problem. Doesn't matter if you are supervising a plumber, a builder a nurse or a doctor.

There are very few professional standards in place in the DR and those that do exist are probably not all that well enforced. People get lazy with no supervision, some don't know any better and can't be bothered to educate themselves on the best way to do something and others just don't care enough to do something the correct way.

It's all on you here, novogod.

The country is the people, isn’t it?

And the quality of service and the reputation of the business is exclusively the good will of its’ owners.

The State is alive just because there are progressive and responsible business owners.

The State is not efficient structure in this sence.

But again this is the generalisation and I am speaking about the particular case and real actions, not complaints and inventing or looking for the obstacles to resolve any task.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Novo
I don't know how long you've been here.

Cdn Gringo has been here a while and learned.
I have been 10 years and learned

Ask any of the others here... this country is different than where we all come from.
We will never be able the old life but we can do our best to improve what we have here and how we live.

Changing the whole country or population -- I doubt it.

But changing it to fit our own lifestyles?
I think we all do that to some degree.

I do... Cdn Gringo does and the friends I know do

We all do the best we can
Other times - just smile and walk by

novogod

Jun 19, 2018
Novo
I don't know how long you've been here.

Cdn Gringo has been here a while and learned.
I have been 10 years and learned

Ask any of the others here... this country is different than where we all come from.
We will never be able the old life but we can do our best to improve what we have here and how we live.

Changing the whole country or population -- I doubt it.

But changing it to fit our own lifestyles?
I think we all do that to some degree.

I do... Cdn Gringo does and the friends I know do

We all do the best we can
Other times - just smile and walk by

Thank you William,

I like this country.

The lifestyle, weather and ecology times better than in Russia.

No need to heat the premises and the weather is equal inside and outside the walls.

People are easy, friendly and simple to understand does not matter good or evil intentions.

Hidden agenda (is any) is always readable in the eyes and on the face.

The main thing I like here: the State never looks for every opportunity to forcefully fumble through your pockets once they run out of the money for their mansions in London or Miami and the private jets and bentleys bought at our tax and oil.

What for the living experience you are talking here:

Changing capacities as I think do not depend on how long you live on the territory.

Look at some examples: Cristobal Colon did not live ages in Hispaniola but changes it in days.

The same about US natives and the UK guys, Pioneers and/or US tech and a South African guy, Elon Musk.

What do you think?