Coin counting machine

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I'm having the hardest time finding a bank which has a machine that counts coins and pays you in bills.

Anyone know where I can do this? I've been in the banks and told them we'll count the coins with them but they say they will only do it with business accounts.

We've got RD$6,000 in coins and none of these banks will help us. None of them have this machine to count coins automatically.

Incredible...

PS In Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
6,000 pesos? i have received way more than that when i we had a pharmacy and i counted all by hand, does not take that long.
my advice would be to fcuk banks and go to a local business, such as pharmacy, bar or a small but busy store. they will be grateful they can get some change without having to beg a bank for coins.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
ANY local colmado would gratefully trade you a few cases of Chiclets for that stash!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Good luck. I don't have RD$6,000 but I have a lot especially the one peso coin. Darn shoe shine boys don't want to get paid with a handful of 1 pesos coins.

I have not seen coin wrappers in SD. The banks use square sheets of plain paper to wrap the coins. Supermarkets put them in small plastic bags.

Might be a good money making deal. My home in the states the supermarkets have a coin counting machine and take a small percentage cut.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ANY local colmado would gratefully trade you a few cases of Chiclets for that stash!

went to an almacen yesterday, and the cashier gave me my change, which included 5 menta Halls. i asked her if i could buy something with them. if looks could kill....

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I'm having the hardest time finding a bank which has a machine that counts coins and pays you in bills.

Anyone know where I can do this? I've been in the banks and told them we'll count the coins with them but they say they will only do it with business accounts.

We've got RD$6,000 in coins and none of these banks will help us. None of them have this machine to count coins automatically.

Incredible...

PS In Santiago

If you live in the north, Playero Supermarket would love to see those coins. In fact several of the bag boys with the help of the office lady will help with the count.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Banks were no help here.

my advice would be to fcuk banks and go to a local business, such as pharmacy, bar or a small but busy store. they will be grateful they can get some change without having to beg a bank for coins.

As dv8 mentioned that was the best plan. I called a friend who has a colmado, he referred me to a comedor business. They were happy to take the change.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Might be a good money making deal. My home in the states the supermarkets have a coin counting machine and take a small percentage cut.

In UK those machines charge something like 7% - not so small, I have seen people pouring in a lot of coins into them all the time, big business...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What dv8 says is correct. I have changed coins worth 3000+ pesos countless times, and always found a small business within walking distance that was more than happy to change it. Bancas, colmados etc. Count them by hand, it?s fast, sort them (= don?t just take random coins of random value, you may lose count...), and pack into paper/plastic packs of 100 or 50 pesos. 25 peso coins we change seldom as they add up quite quickly to useful amounts.