Commentary: What does the Dominican Republic want?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here it is, that was quick. About half way along the video is the Dominican family members of the person's ID he was claiming to be. They say multiple times that they never knew he was their family members.

[video=youtube;U5DMjjaJbKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DMjjaJbKw[/video]

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Another DR detractor and Haiti apologist? Geesuz christ! DR has it's own problems, 524
years later and Haiti is in the abyss. I would suggest a different route, A sea water canal
running right along the border. 2 Desalination plants somewhere in the middle
(paid for by CARICOM, the US, France or Canada that are so quick to criticize the DR )
to reforest the land, green zones guarded by real military personnel (not these UN hands-tied guys)
and wait 100 years to see what happens, in the meantime DR is a sovereign nation!

Matter of fact..I'll get the ball started on this
GrandCaribbeanCanal.com

There aren't too many sovereign nations left...N. Korea and Iran. The rest are owned by the IMF and World Bank. Don't believe it? Let the government state that they are suspending payments indefinitely. There will be U.S. Marines in full battle rattle there before nightfall.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In this clip he goes on saying that he's not Haitian because Haitians look weird, but his parents don't look weird but rather good looking people.

[video=youtube;t21SUELoFw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21SUELoFw0[/video]

Well, he did quite a good job reciting the script made by the NGO group that took him to Mexico City without a passport to complain that the DR government denies him any documentation solely for being black. In fact, that was his claim, that he was deported for being black (not Haitian, but black).

The DR has been subjected to an international character assassination, nothing more and nothing less.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/character assassination

http://changingminds.org/techniques/propaganda/character_assassination.htm

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Wasn't that the guy that in Mexico City claimed to be Dominican and that the DR government refused to give him a passport, and when a Dominican news reporter in Mexico City asked him how was he allowed to travel to Mexico without a passport, he simply walked away without saying another word?

The funniest part was during his 'declaration' in Mexico City, claiming that among his brothers and sisters were some named Chocolate and Cocoa. Actually, let me see if I can find the video. Definitely one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Yeah, the same. The fact that the parties in question continue with the same lies and BS after that tremendous fiasco actually speaks volumes about what is really at stake with the whole issue.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
There aren't too many sovereign nations left...N. Korea and Iran. The rest are owned by the IMF and World Bank. Don't believe it? Let the government state that they are suspending payments indefinitely. There will be U.S. Marines in full battle rattle there before nightfall.

same as you wood do if your cousins were suspending payments on zillions of $$$ that they owed you...but if u jam..+++???do you pay??

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
same as you wood do if your cousins were suspending payments on zillions of $$$ that they owed you...but if u jam..+++???do you pay??

My cousins don't owe me zillions. If they did, it would be interest free. That's the difference between family and users.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014

Maybe not nightfall, however the countdown clock toward an occupation would start.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
"The Dominican Republic could become like the Germany of Europe or the Singapore of East Asia that play a determining role in forcing their region to become more productive. Angela Merkel did not hesitate to use the stick and the carrot with Greece to force that nation to stop playing the cicada that sings while not being diligent at working. Singapore has shown the way for Malaysia and the entire region of East Asia to engage in the nation building project and as such becoming emerging nations."

I am curious to observe if the debt to revenue ratio, of the DR, will improve. It seems to be a vital variable in become the economic leader in the region. For example, even if Puerto Rico can refinance the $73 Billion in debt. It won't have the capacity of growth, which the DR current has.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
since you have told us that there is a CARICOM bias against the DR, tell us about it in more detail....

let me get popcorn..

The mere fact that the DR is not a member of CARICOM is in an of itself a
bias decision on all matters that come up on the daily agenda, where of course
there isn't an advocate for the missing entity. Easy one.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The mere fact that the DR is not a member of CARICOM is in an of itself a
bias decision on all matters that come up on the daily agenda, where of course
there isn't an advocate for the missing entity. Easy one.

if you do not mind, please disclose to me your country of origin. the reason i ask you is that i think i know a little more about this subject than you do, me being a CARICOM citizen who worked for a government of a CARICOM state, and who understands the political dynamics of the region first hand..not rage google.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
if you do not mind, please disclose to me your country of origin. the reason i ask you is that i think i know a little more about this subject than you do, me being a CARICOM citizen who worked for a government of a CARICOM state, and who understands the political dynamics of the region first hand..not rage google.

Please do not make this a thread about CARICOM. DR is not a member, and this is about their relationship with Haiti.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Please do not make this a thread about CARICOM. DR is not a member, and this is about their relationship with Haiti.

i am not making this a thread about CARICOM, AE. other people posted their misconceptions and misunderstandings about the relationship between CARICOM and the DR, and i merely set out to correct them. i did not start this, but i get the blame..nice.

May 29, 2006
Haiti kills imports from the DR with high tariffs and *Bird Flu* scares. Meanwhile many if not most Haitians have a single egg per month if they're lucky.