Comparison Please

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I said,

Be upset that he's like most other caribbean resort workers.

I meant "Be upset that he's like most other caribbean resort workers who trawl for single female tourists." I didn't mean to lump the hard working legit folks (who make up most of the workforce) in there.

lo siento:eek:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
What are the comparisons one could make with North America to make us understand how a resort worker is so different from the average Dominican?
(Would it be like dating someone who worked at McDonald's or dating a guy on welfare)?
No, a McDonald's worker earns an honest living while your sankie can be compared to a 'squeegee guy' and an identity thief ... no ambition and willing to assume another's identity for monetary gains.
How is it that Sankies can be so proud of their conquests that they brag to others about it when it is supposedly so shameful a thing in the DR?
They're proud that they're smarter than you ....
...I guess it is just very difficult for me to understand the mindset of these people.
Obviously you care (about sankies) and that explains your need to understand their psyche. Do you have an interest to understand the 'squeegee guy'? Of course NO!!!!!, 'cause he doesn't interest you, the SANKIE is your passion.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Not all, myself and some of the women I have met dating a resort worker, are young, attractive, and have nice bodies.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
That's the point, I could easily date an older man for his money, but it would be GROSS to me to do that
Not more gross than dating a thief, scammer, con, ... etc.
Because I would never be able to repect myself if I did that
Semantics ... that exactly what you're doing.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Not more gross than dating a thief, scammer, con, ... etc.

Semantics ... that exactly what you're doing.

Fair enough.... thanks for the comparison.

FYI
I am not involved with any resort wokers. Been there, done that and learned a lesson. But I like this site and and the info available here, so I continue to read through the threads and sometimes post.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
I think not every resort worker are sankie but for someone who just come here on vacation it s really really difficult to find the difference between the good one and the sankie.the good resort worker will rarely be the one who look to have a relation from a tourist who are there only 1 or 2 week.their are pround people who do theire job because for whatever reason they have only this opportunity of work. you need to be here and living here to see that and you will see a good resort worker will not be see with sankie outside of work or anything about this subject.

but it s sad to say that a great % of hotel worker are professional sankie or part-time sankie ( if the opportunity are there but will not necessery look at this ).