Computer Virus

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Berzin, on the same field where you write msconfig, write "cmd" instead and then paste this line and press enter.

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%AheadLibMediaLibraryNSE.dll

Restart the computer and get back to me.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hey, since we're talking about computers, here's a question for y'all-

When I was switching my OS to Windows 7, the guy who was doing the install put in a jive-a$$ bootleg version of Nero 7. It would not install, but it also would not uninstall using the traditional methods.

So thanks to RenatoSosua's advice I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and finally yanked it like a bad tooth.

But I'm still getting this maldito Icon that I cannot seem to remove-

2uo046q.png

When I right-click on the icon and click "options" I get this message-"Initialization Error. Please Install Nero Again".

Anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Dumb suggestion if you don't need Nero, download a working version from the torrents and install it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Just so you can see what I did-

First-

dgttt.png

Then second-

zo9d0.png

Still no change, and I got this message-

25hilp2.png

Last edited:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Good enough, click enter and then restart, let's see if we got rid of that annoying message

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Didn't read the whole thread but try windows recovery to a previous date and then restart the pc. if that fails. reformat the drive and install windows again.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Reformatting the drive is the bad tech method, you should do whatever it takes to avoid reformatting, I only reformat when the issue is really big enough (and I mean BIG).

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Berzin, it was until now that I read your edited message. After you pressed enter did it give you any message??

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Berzin, it was until now that I read your edited message. After you pressed enter did it give you any message??

Yes, the message I got was "the module...failed to load".

You can read it in my post above. I edited it again and included the screenshot.

Nothing happened the first two times I tried it because I did not press "enter" when I did the cut-and-paste.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Hmm, OK, we will have to get into the registry, let me think my attack plan and I'll post back in 5 minutes.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
One question Berzin, is your Windows 7 copy the 64 bit version?? If you don't know just tell me the amount of RAM you have installed.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
One last try before going to the registry, go to this place:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib
and delete the following files:
NMBgMonitor.exe
NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

Restart and if it doesn't work I already have a plan with the registry.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I don't understand-I went to this folder and there are still Nero files in my computer.

11lokf9.png

I followed your directions and no change.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
We are going to tinker with the registry, which if used in the wrong way it may end up with disastrous outcomes, first lets make a registry backup and then follow my instructions:

1-Go the Windows logo
2-In the search programs field type "regedit"
3-In the regedit go to File, then Export, save your backup registry file in any place you like.
4-Open the following registry folders in order: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace and in there take a screenshot and post it here so I can see which key you have to delete.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I clicked on the folder right underneath "Namespace" and got this-it may be what we're looking for, no?

15zwo5.png

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Perfect, delete that folder (the one that start with {3d6b...} only, don't TOUCH the other folders. Then restart and tell me if that solved the problem.

Reactions: bigbird and Berzin

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And it's outta here...thanks so much, ExtremeR!!!!!

Wow, what can I say? The DR1 tech department comes through again!!!!

Man, I feel like I just had a bad tooth pulled!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Muchas, muchas gracias!!!

dm9mq9.png

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Great Berzin, you are welcome!!

I don't know why Nero took it to themselves to develop a crappy product after they had a pretty steady and loyal client?le and fan base. Right now I am using either Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite to burn and mount my .iso images files, and the normal windows burner to burn random files, for music the Windows Media Player. Nero really made themselves undesirable.

Nero is a piece of crap, I agree Daemon Tools Lite for iso images or Sonic Record for burningmusic.

Glad ExtremeR knows the residtry edit, it can be dangerous if you are not a techie.
The format suggestion should never be done, who knows where their windows disk is?